ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk2 ph2 172 window tinting help....

CLIO Iceberg 172
anyone done this and could give me some sort of ideas to price etc and what tint levels would suit my silver 172
i was thinking really dark on the back 3 (not limo) and legal on the front....
any ideas?:cool:

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 82
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 73
  CLIO Iceberg 172
dont start this argument.....up to 30% you can so dont start. iv been driving for 6 years with it at that % on my metro iv been stopped 6 times and i have only ever once been asked about the tints and they were completly fine about it... end of.... i just want my questions answered tis all.

CLIO Iceberg 172
thats more like that answers im after... cheers guys..... so how much did it cost ya etc any ideas on price?

Mk1 Maxim Sport
probs rob ya about 200quid for all round matey maybe a bit more if u go to a rip off merchant, i got my back and rear sides done for £130. an the fronts were an extra £70 so didnt bother.

dont start this argument.....up to 30% you can so dont start. iv been driving for 6 years with it at that % on my metro iv been stopped 6 times and i have only ever once been asked about the tints and they were completly fine about it... end of.... i just want my questions answered tis all.

He is not starting anything. 30% USED to be the limit. I have a relative who is chief inspector of South Yorkshire police who looked this up. I bill in 2006 (i think) was passed and it IS illegal to have tints on the front. I have dark all the way round and have never been stopped BUT this is illegal.

Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
From reading around before i'm pretty sure you're okay if you got the tints done before this bill as u say as long as u have receipts to prove when it was done.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Tinting fronts now illegal, fact. IIRC max tint level allowed on fronts is 15%, which they leave the factory at.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
as said, I wasn't starting anything, if you get front windows tinted on a car now it IS illegal, FACT. I had my rear 3 done for £170 approx.

11Medium.gif

17Medium.gif

CLIO Iceberg 172
i appoligies if i sounded very blunt, but iv had this argument on countless forums and i had a "o here we go again moment" sorry dude
what % did you get on the back of yours its almost what im after mayby the one up from that would be more what im looking for
as for the price i just recived a quote from a tinting company that also dose the dimond protection as part of there films
and he quoted the same 170 without the protection 240 with

ps are the front of your still standard tint (i.e factory)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I don't know what the % was, mine were done by AutoTint in Altrincham and it was the 'light' film, the fronts were left as factory. I'm not arsed about what's been said, its just a FACT that any tint applied to the fronts windows is now (and has been for sometime) completely illegal, that doesn't mean you can't get it done and its up to you, just don't be under any illusion it is legal.

CLIO Iceberg 172
this is what he sent though

"Hi David. It will cost £189.00 inc vat to tint your car [any tint or mix of
tints].Please be aware that the legal limit for the front doors is 70% light transmission. If your car has tinted glass from the factory
any tint added to the front doors would not be road legal. Excluding the
front doors the cost will reduce to £129.00 inc vat.Security film only works
on the drop windows so will only need to be applied to the front doors,and
will cost an extra £60.00 making £249.00.If you already have factory tinted
glass it can still be added to the front doors in clear film.For any further
info or to book please ring on 01375 373980. Regards Sales"

that was the what the tinter guy said,

its not totaly illegal its just if u have factory tint then it is, so i guss in our case where stuffed! lol