ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Ph1 Front fogs installation help!

Clio Grande 1.2 16v
Hi all!
New here but I am a member .. looking for a guide on installing front fogs on my 2001 Grande.

I seem to have the switch on the stalk plus fuses in fusebox so presuming it's just a plug and play?

Advice greatly appreciated!

Clio Grande 1.2 16v
I've looked but can't find anything .. maybe I'm searching for the wrong keywords?

Does anyone have a link to it they could share please?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I can't either. Perhaps I read a thread where someone had done it.

Might of been @McDriftin when he had he's ph1 non sport?

Sorry I cant be much help to you, but someone will be able to shed some light on the matter.

Clio Grande 1.2 16v
I found the one for double optic conversion but not fogs .. my lights and wiring haven't arrived yet but they are from a 172. Hoping once they get here I'll just work it out from the connectors attached but it probably won't be that straight forward lol

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
From what I remember...

There's a loom which connects the two fog lamps together, and to the connector, which if installed (my 1.2 never had it) is in behind the headlight on the passenger side IIRC. Someone with a 172/non sport with fogs will have to confirm.
Two screws is all that holds in each fog light, should be pretty self explanatory. Fog light blanks should just pop off.

When you say you have the stalk already, does it have two fog light positions (as well as off) or just one?

Clio Grande 1.2 16v
Ahh .. it only has the one on the stalk! It's gonna be a ball ache isn't it?! New stalk etc?

Might just fix them in for aesthetics but a guide for future reference would be handy.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I only had them because I changed the bumper, and the new one happened to have fogs on it. Looked into wiring them up but didn't have the loom connections.

Of course you could go completely aftermarket and create everything from scratch with your own switch.

Clio Grande 1.2 16v
image.jpeg
I might consider it tbh, would really love a working pair .. even if I don't use them often. I'm also toying with the dual optic set up as I really hate night time driving with the factory lights.

Heard nightbreakers are a cheap solution in the meantime though?

Here's my 'Adam' .. currently has no mods at all .. he's been offroad for a while and I'm treating him to some upgrades!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, osram nightbreaker ultimate.

Dual optics is usually much easier, but check inside your fusebox for the space for the dual optic fuse, as some cars don't have the same fusebox. Mine did though, and was a grande.

Clio Grande 1.2 16v
image.jpeg

Quick update .. my ph2 lights arrived yesterday and got those in and working in less than 20mins thanks to the member guides! I plan on doing a bit of rewiring to get both rear fogs working though .. never understood why ph1's only have the driver side rear fog when the wiring is there for both!? I've also discovered I've got a dodgy hazard switch too .. have to give it a good knock to work lol. It also makes my passenger side brake light flicker. Pulling it out to check connections later .. still waiting for fogs though

Clio Grande 1.2 16v
Fogs arrived this morning! Whacked them straight in .. love how they look, shame they're not wired in yet though.
image.jpeg

@McDriftin .. I'm gonna have to go aftermarket with them. Any tips on what to use? Want to put the switch in by the headlight adjuster on the dash.
Am I also right in thinking I don't have connections for dual optics either ..
image.jpeg
I'll also need to remove the fogs before MOT right? Since they're not wired and working?

Thanks in advance!