ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Dci Expression 5 door

Clio Mk2 DCI
HI Guys.
Just signed up so I could tap into your vast ocean of Clio knowledge, and possibly partake in some banter.
Recently acquired my first Clio (not my first car..... :smilingimp:) a clean low mileage Mk2 Dci Expression 5 door.
Doing some low key mods to make it a little less "poverty spec", and general maintenance.
Found a dude breaking a slightly better spec model, so alloys, spoiler and fog lights are first on the agenda.
A slightly rattly sunroof will be tackled when the weather is better.

Cheers guys and gals

Matt

Clio Mk2 DCI
This needs to go!
DSC_0568.jpg

clio 182
Welcome! Which dCi have you bought? As well as a Clio trophy, we also have a clio dCi 80 dynamiqe + which we have had for 10 years, great car! It’s pretty easy (and cheap) to fit 172 or 182 suspension on the dCi, if you’re that way inclined!

Clio Mk2 DCI
Welcome! Which dCi have you bought? As well as a Clio trophy, we also have a clio dCi 80 dynamiqe + which we have had for 10 years, great car! It’s pretty easy (and cheap) to fit 172 or 182 suspension on the dCi, if you’re that way inclined!
Its the 65 :cry: - its not ever going to be a fast car, but the handling could be improved. I could convince the wife that the springs etc are shot I suppose :grinning:

Clio Mk2 DCI
Could you point me in the direction of some info on this, maybe a build thread? I have searched to no avail...

clio 182
I’m not aware of a thread where the sport suspension conversion is discussed. It’s really easy though.
On the back, you just unbolt the dampers, I think I then had to lever the trailing arm down with a breaker bar to get the old spring out, then reassemble with the 182 cup parts.
On the front, you just replace the strut and spring, keep the dCi hub, driveshafts and top mount. One thing to note is that the hub spacing on the 182 cup front struts is 60mm, whereas the dCi struts (and therefore hubs) have a hole spacing of 58mm. So the holes on the 182 strut don’t align perfectly with the dCi hub. But you can get away with this because the holes in the 182 strut are 14 mm in diameter and the dCi strut bolts are 12 mm diameter, if I remember correctly, so it will assemble fine.
It’s a good cheap upgrade because you only need 4 dampers and 4 springs, they come up 2nd hand on here sometimes quite cheap. The dampers are cheap new even, £190 or so on Renault parts direct for the 4. The only expensive bit if you buy new is the front springs, so may be worth waiting for some 2nd hand ones.
Then get the front toe set and enjoy! You don’t get the extra castor and camber that the 182 cup has (need the 182 front wishbones, hubs and driveshafts for that) but it’s 90% as good as the 182 cup setup whilst being an easy and cheap project.