ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mk2 Clio DCi Daily

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 172cup
Crank bolt never come loose after torquing up on mine, used a new bolt and a decent torque wrench to do it up. Too tight and risk snapping, or stretching f**k out of the bolt

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 172cup
Not had an issue with camshaft nut coming loose, 30k since doing the belt. I don't think it will cause issues unless its been removed to change cam seal, if removed new nut and torque to spec

R.S 200
Annnnnd she’s all fresh with MOT ?

Drives much better on the new suspension and brake peddle feels lovely again.

One advisory was a worn passenger side lower arm bushes though..slightly annoying as I was going to put new lower arms and track rods on while it was all apart - but I thought against it as I didn’t want to overspend on the car if anything major popped up on the MOT. Now my first official MOT is done with the car, I know what the next stages are now, to progress as a brilliant daily.

So far the car has had:

.New genuine Bosch glow plugs
.Full service
.New Battery
.4 new tyres
.2 front shocks/springs/top mounts
.2 new front caliper sliders
.New front Discs/Pads

Next on the list is;

.Timing belt inc Water pump and Aux belt
.Lower arms and track rods
.Alignment

After a while not spannering a car, I can say that it definitely takes time to get back into the swing of it ? I’ve enjoyed it though and did miss it.