ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 172 Leccy windows

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Since renault have checked my drivers side window for a clicking noise when closing it has now developed a mind of its own. It goes up and down all by itself when driving along, the relay keeps clicking away and sometimes wont close.

Its going back to renault anyway as they are replacing all the guides and seals for that window but I wondered if anyone else has had this problem in case its something I can fix quickly myself.

Its its going up and down on its own its nothing to do with the runners sounds like motors/wiring/UCH is bust.

UCHs have failed before when they get water on them sound like this might be happening.

Might be worth pulling the fuse on the windows.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 31 December 2004

Its its going up and down on its own its nothing to do with the runners sounds like motors/wiring/UCH is bust.

UCHs have failed before when they get water on them sound like this might be happening.

Might be worth pulling the fuse on the windows.
Cheers Edde, they are replacing the runners and seals because of another fault (clicking noise) but since they looked at the window this fault has occured. I know its probably a wiring problem but wondered if anyone else had something simular happen as the clicking relay is doing my nut in and they wont have my car back in for a few weeks yet. TBH I think somethings earthing out or just badly connected as its only happened since they had the door card off. Its as if the switch for the window is sticking but its not.