ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Golf in brief so far

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
thanks for this kind comments guys, like i say still a few bits to do, but asthetically its pretty much there :D

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
lol thanks, got to say i do really love it, just want to sort out the height of the front, only needs about 10mm or so, i did drop it on that side about 20mm further already, but not quite enough it seems, and do the other side, still loads left to go on the coilovers so no problems there.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
I'll echo everyone else. Looks great.

Genuine BBS RS? Must have cost a few pennies.

Nah reps, just fake bolts.

hahah not really , yeah genuine. Also a very rare set, originally off a renault Alpine GT, one of 25 sets ever made apparently.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well if your going to do something you may as well do it properly eh. were in a right state when i bought them too.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
As said on Facey, I want to make a sex with it. Get the front height tweaked for pure perfection! Look forward to seeing it at some shows this year.

mk2 ph2 172 Flamer
over crop on that pic is doing my head in, this one is nicer

6848050898_21e210fdeb_z.jpg

Golfie-1 by laurataylor225, on Flickr

silly question, but is the front tyre the right way around? Love the car too!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
not about this weekend but im going to spend next sat working on the suspension levels, then the following weekend the exhaust :D

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
if you were keen enough to notice the tyres were you keen enough to notice it still has steel wheels on the other side? haha, like ive said it was just to check fitment and ajustments needed.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
new manifold going on tonight, and suspension ajustment tomorrow.. my main issue is now i have no fuel in it and no where is letting you fill up jerry cans :s i had just enough to get to the one in the village but its all sold out

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
by the time the new manifold arrived it was too late to put it on so sat was spent on the monifold, re working the throttle cable mounting and fuel lines.

so very happy with the results.
remember how it was before?
SDC11421.jpg

terrible... angle is completely wrong, the angle of the engine hadnt been taken into consideration which ment i had to run a nasty intake design.

IMG_7687.jpg

but now....

1513f45e.jpg

with the propper trumpets fitted
df870877.jpg

and filters

d1fde379.jpg

actually looking what they should look like!! :D

d2730994.jpg

and finally ....
456ca4f3.jpg

i do have a video of its 1st drive... but no idea how to get it on here. Its amazing, unfortunately the cabs now put too much strain on the hoses holding them on and they work loose so need to fabricate a bracket to support them now.

Ran out of time to ajust the suspension and fit wheels so thats an easter weekend job :D

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Awesome work, can't wait to see a proper set of fully finished pictures etc. If you come to any CS meets this year (national) then I'd love a proper look around it!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
when is the national meet, my problem is untill i start driving it i wont know how reliable it is haha

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well ive ordered some new samco hose, although it feels softer im hoping it wound go as malubal sp* when its warm?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Shouldn't go soft if it's samco.... Though a carb is pretty heavy... Hang on a min.... You know you can't use silicone hose there don't u?? The carb is injecting fuel through the hose.... Which isn't fuel safe it will melt and peel off and go in ur engine and make the hoses fold and collapse

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
the plan was today to finish the bits but it is my birthday and i opted for a huge lie in, a shopping spree and a take away instead lol