ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Golf in brief so far

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
wasnt much point pointing them all on, going to put them all on at the weekend then take some decent pics and sell them in aid of some p**n

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
8a4b894f.jpg

ps i know its on the wrong side was just a trial fit

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I was under the impression the car had already been painted! FFS!

So really it's about another 12 months from completion?

I are dissapoint. Looked more finished here...

38556_423028013483_505458483_4544992_3330894_n.jpg

Last edited:
  AMV8, Mk1 Golf
it didnt have an engine or anything in there lol

its now a complete car taht runs... put a throttle cable on it and i could drive it :D
paint will come... in time

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Yes they would look great on the Toledo:clown:

Keep them for now and save the money and just get it on the road woman!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i cant turn the wheel lol.. and im not sure they will actually fit on the rear..
i have the standard wheels i can use... may as well sell these on while the R888s are like new and worth something

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
just the wiring for the added bits like cd player.. although ive got no speakers, the electric interior fans and the 12v socket didnt want to play ball, then i blew a fuse. doh

going to try n sort it tonight if i can avaoid throwing up for long enough lol

and bah it was hardly a fair fight lol

People hating on how you have built the car who have never built more than a lego car. ROFL!!! Laura puts you boys to shame ;)

I hate thoughs shitty little fuses and the wiring for that matter.

Just going through your wanted list now. :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ive relocated the coil... very roughly to the scuttle pannel... and going to make a cover for that so its sealed.

made a to do list... tbh its all looking fairly easy from now, only one thing i think is going to cause me a headache is making a throttle cable.

and winston :p knows it haha
still need to source a drivers door tho.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
cheers mate.. just need to find someone local to collect as a door doesnt fit in a z4 lol.
the 1st one looks good tho

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I just had a quick browse I didnt notice if any were local to you. Put the roof down on the Z4 i'm sure it'll fit lol

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Mine isn't rusty as far as I can see but it has a big ol' scrape. I need a new wing, and bonnet for the same reason. No rust, just dented.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Mine isn't rusty as far as I can see but it has a big ol' scrape. I need a new wing, and bonnet for the same reason. No rust, just dented.

You don't need to replace your panels Jason just draw on them. Speaking of which, when is your wing going to be finished?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ill go ahead and appologise for the w**k pictures now... they are off my phone and it was going dark.

but ...
after a few wiring nightmares i seem to have relearnt all my high school electronics.
we now have a fully working 12v socket
a horn! was having massive issues with the standard wiring as alont of this has been water damaged. so just ran a new switch for the horn for MOT purposes with a button on the dash.

b9b44d0b.jpg

gayest horn ever tbh but hey ho it works and i cant belive how dirty everything looks with the flash on lol

now because i dont have a heater box i wanted some kind of fans for the summer, as its not really going to get driven in winter i wasnt too fussed about heating, idea was a bit hit n miss, the fans are mounted to the back of the original vents, wired up to a very OEM looking switch on the dash panel. i actually really like this.
unfortunately i didnt realise they have green LEDs in the fans untill it was too late... as id only tested them in day light haha.
8982b755.jpg

b37b010c.jpg

probably find a way to take the LEDs out tbh but the idea is brilliant... works really bloody well :D

also the previous owner of the bike carbs had for some un known reason hacked away at the outlets leaving really short stubby bits
b82e6609.jpg

so i have purchaed some new trumpets.. hopefully will make things a little smoother :D
geez they are expensive for what they are tho!!

d8ecb267.jpg

a7ce5d87.jpg

Last edited:
LOL @ the green LED's

My horn stopped working the day after the MOT. The 70's spec wiring doesn't even need water damage to be shite haha

Keep it up, time is ticking away ;)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
neons innit haha!!
but the actual idea works really well :D nice cool breeze :)

mines now just wired directly to an ignition live. rather than through the relay etc. works and the botton fills the old choke cable hole perfectly :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
People hating on how you have built the car who have never built more than a lego car. ROFL!!! Laura puts you boys to shame ;)

I hate thoughs shitty little fuses and the wiring for that matter.

Just going through your wanted list now. :)

I built 2 MG's sweet cheeks. MGB and an MG midget with my dad when I was a panel beater.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
its looking that way isnt it :s

found these... just trying to work out if they will fit / look good

03052011120.jpg

Bassopls.jpg