ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Focus RS

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Officially 6.2 to 60 iirc. I know that as my best mate owns one and I constantly get it rammed down my throat. 0 - 60 times can fcuk off though.

They certainly feel quicker than the 1*2's, anyway.

Ahh right must be getting my numbers mixed up with somethin else then :S a mapped one must be hitting 5s then? If so not a chance a standard 172/182 keeps with them unless they struggle to put the power down?

And I think the feeling much quicker is just the boosted boat sensation, my m8s 130hp derv feels much quicker than the 182 but it isnt and regularly gets smaller in my rear view lol (well for now as he's going hybrid very soon :( lol)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That wishbone factory? Development costs must have been huge lol.

They extended the standard wishbones and uprated all the bushes. If you seen the bushes next to each other you'll realise how much of a difference they make.

Don't see the problem, it's a standard shell so the original wishbone fits the subframe but needed extending as the track was extended circa 50mm.

Italian 3.2 V6
A Bluefin'd FRS will rip a 1*2 a new ar5ehole.

/Fact.

No, it's odd as it should but it doesn't. I had a play with a 275bhp FRS when I had my 182 (basically standard). It wasn't neck and neck but the FRS surely wasn't the performance is should have been. Spoke to the guy after too and he was shocked. After 80 he started to slowly pull. Plus ivebeen in another FRS which was meant to be 280+bhp and it just didnt feel fast.. Felt and prob was only was as quick as a standard 225..

..it's odd

clio 172
I love these cars! I would like to own one one day! Yours is a fine example. Where i live the new RS is common but I never see these anywhere so thats why I like them ! The front end is sexy! esp with that splitter!

Evo 5 RS
Always had a soft spot for the Mk1. It wouldn't stay standard though, 300bhp is easily achievable and then they really do cover ground

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Dont laugh at us all.

Your actually trying to say hothatch no1 is 100bhp down on power compaired to hothatch no2 and then trying to say theres nothing in it in a race.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
275bhp Frs vs a 172bhp 182?

I'm out.

PSJ/

I'm thinking closer to 230/40 after the map. Was down on power before it got mapped fo sho.

And I was there, you weren't. I win. He was nailing it. I don't know what the 172 had tbh. For all I know it could have had a fapping turbo. Again, I was there.

Italian 3.2 V6
Ino hence why in my 1st post i said it was odd.. Im not that daft. Ino it sounds rediculas, Just stating what happened, that's all my fellow forum bummers.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL see.

It was about above 100 potatoes that the Focus started reeling it in on the runway tbh.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No, it's odd as it should but it doesn't. I had a play with a 275bhp FRS when I had my 182 (basically standard). It wasn't neck and neck but the FRS surely wasn't the performance is should have been. Spoke to the guy after too and he was shocked. After 80 he started to slowly pull. Plus ivebeen in another FRS which was meant to be 280+bhp and it just didnt feel fast.. Felt and prob was only was as quick as a standard 225..

..it's odd

I'm thinking closer to 230/40 after the map. Was down on power before it got mapped fo sho.

And I was there, you weren't. I win. He was nailing it. I don't know what the 172 had tbh. For all I know it could have had a fapping turbo. Again, I was there.

I wasn't talking about you precious.

Golf 7R
LOL see.

It was about above 100 potatoes that the Focus started reeling it in on the runway tbh.

They must have had Stephen Hawkings drive the FRS in that video!

I've experience of a friends 290bhp focus and that thing shifts, I mean seriously moves!

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
my mates 300bhp in the wet is pants, in the damp its not bad because of the LSD, but only in 3rd and above.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I had bother in the dry ffs in a remapped one, circa 250bhp.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I've taken my bros out for a spin. The Ditchfinder diff is a bit AAAAHHHH!! First time you boot it on a bumpy road, but if you feed the power in slowly it's alright. But it is fooking fast, handles well too.

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Dont these have the same diff as an r26 ? What makes them torque steer so much ?

I do like focus RS's but there a good few of them where i live and all being blue... not a good look.

I got skinned by a big bhp one of these not long ago.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The Torque steer is crazy. I was taken aback in the one I drove. Not pay attention coming onto boost and you'll be in a ditch pronto.

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
Iv had a 182 and now got this thing and I can guarantee the 182 would not come close.. just saying

Z4

One of my best mates owns a mk1 FRS and we've had quite a few little races.

In my old 172 cup we were totally equal in acceleration until about 110 the rs would pull ahead, but not by much.

If the rs with a remap was a genuine 275bhp it would be no contest, but in reality around 230/240bhp there wouldn't be much in it at all, especially with a passenger.

FRS feels far faster mind with the huge surge of torque from the tubby!

FocusRS Mk1/BMWM135i
39A52476-BA6A-47EF-BA21-CAD2219AB42B.jpeg