ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

Re: Mk1 172 Hybrid Track Car Project

Quick picture of the 172 clocks mounted to the bulkhead bar and the dash top re-fitted :)

IMG_5365.jpg

Few other pics I grabbed before inbetween taking some other ones...

IMG_5419.jpg

IMG_5489.jpg

IMG_5487.jpg

IMG_5498.jpg

IMG_5484.jpg

IMG_5447.jpg

not had chance to look today, lots on the job list for tommorow though and that is one of them!

Well, ive got cadwell on tuesday, then mallory park on saturday 15th...

After that im going to buy an aftermarket ECU and tidy everything up in the engine bay, swap gearboxes etc....Will re-fit them then, so when the ECU is mapped it will all be fine together :)

Was meant to be last month, 12th-17th, but everyone dropped out and was moaning about money, so I wasnt going on my own, lol.

ITB'd 182...

Gutting

Money saved though! More UK trackdays and money for management :)

Omex?

Nah, overpriced for what it is IMO.

Debating between two at the moment, but time will tell!

ITB'd 182...

Cool

I think Neil (Ph-reebone) is in the same boat atm looking for management

Perhaps if you both aproached a company they would give you a discount for buying 2??

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Have you raised the back up a bit Jord?

Yeah was raised slightly before cadwell at the beginning of July, then i had more cage added so it went back down.......then since removed battery from the back and its gone back up again!

Anyway, cars ready for cadwell on tuesday now :) Just fitted the passenger seat, other harness, tidied up a few other loose ends, sorted the battery box properly etc...

I was going to cut the doors up to remove some more weight, but left it as I didnt want to rush it....

Leaving tommorow, hopefully no issues with it again and it will run spot on! Video camera will be on all day again, hopefully get some good footage :)

Apart from the cage, any other updates without reading back through a load of pages Jords?

BMW M5 & E36

He's on his way round here now, so I'll answer...

Standard cams back in as it was never mapped for the Schricks, he's going for an aftermarket ECU in the next few weeks so will be refitting them and mapping to suit.

172 clocks also, with full trip/mpg function.

He also gave it a tail for pulling him out the gravel :D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Mint. When do you want the windows PC'ing, so you can actually see stuff? ;)

Cadwell and back without any problems again!

Few problems on track like the nearside wheel coming very loose....and the steering rack started knocking like fcuk towards the end of the day, and all the way home...think ive nackered it!

Pics and vids to come as usual :)

got past a few sports etc, near enough the same as Chris's (480bhp) fully stripped trophy, got some footage of that then my wheel nearly came off!

I still think it has more power than with the schricks, its running the group n map at the moment....Obviously its suffering slightly with the weight of the cage being complete for now, got weight to loose from the doors and then that will be about it :)

Videos will show all!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

Cadwell and back without any problems again!

Few problems on track like the nearside wheel coming very loose....and the steering rack started knocking like fcuk towards the end of the day, and all the way home...think ive nackered it!

Pics and vids to come as usual :)

what do you think caused the wheel to come loose jord?

no idea....bloor mentioned last night on the way to the hotel he thought my wheel looked odd, thought nothing of it as it was dark....then started getting vibrations at high speed through the wheel, came off and it was mega loose!

Never had a problem with that before....so god knows!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

so did the wheel actually come off completley or just loose on the hub so with every rotation the bolts were coming off more and more?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

i had pretty much the same problem other day. bloody sary i tell thee but must of been worse for you being on track!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

doesn't sound clever, good that it was all sorted though,

foxy would you be interested in a 172 alternator thats brand new???
(not sure if it suits your build or if you fitted a good one)

Audi TT 225 Quattro

looks sweet as mate:cool: shame i could'nt make this one, no time off work allowed:mad: have any battles with gaz or northy?:evil:

My mate was out driving when northy was out, didnt see any of it though...

Need to get this aftermarket ECU sorted and the cams back in :)

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

looks sweet as mate:cool: shame i could'nt make this one, no time off work allowed:mad: have any battles with gaz or northy?:evil:

Had 2 laps behind it and then once passed he started a cool down lap - speed wise it wasnt pulling on me once we settle into a pace - You need semi slicks next foxy as i could of carried alot more speed.

Did u get the video uploaded when im behind?