ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

Re: Mk1 172 Hybrid Track Car Project

Nope, just trying to figure out what someones told me to try with the 172 interior loom and the 172 key, to disable the immobiliser.

IMG_4874.gif

thats the exact chip i used in my uni final year project lol

aye, just standard PIC chips (Programmable Intergrated Circuit), can do quite alot tbh! i was using mine to communicate with my computer lol

pretty fun to mess about with if your a geek like me haha

Ok, thanks to matteh for finding the PDF with all the immobiliser info in, and working out various things to try and get past my immobiliser just to get the car running again...

Dismantled a few things from the 172 interior loom before, split the UCH up slightly, and trimmed everything that connects to it off (bar 4 wires lol)...

As it would be in the car...
IMG_3050.jpg

Relays Removed, im only interested in the circuit for the immobiliser...

IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3055.jpg

Just need to put the key that came with the loom in the middle of this...

IMG_3058.jpg

Then basically got 1 wire from the decoder ring to the UCH, one wire from the UCH to the ECU (Immobiliser pin input), and a couple of lives/earths to connect, and I *should* be good to go.... :)

My ECU is currently 'virginised', as it was flashed with an RSTuner full ECU write, so is ready to accept the immob signal....hopefully it will all play nice in the morning!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

hope it goes al well this morning, looks like a right pain in the arse to me!

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer

sorry i didnt get back to you sooner mate, had a very busy weekend

no worries, i found a supplier in the uk anyway, ordered one yesterday evening....should be here next few days, just going to use the uch method to try and get it on the road

Track valver + Ibiza FR

no worries, i found a supplier in the uk anyway, ordered one yesterday evening....should be here next few days, just going to use the uch method to try and get it on the road
UK supplier for what?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Emulator, I think.

FFS.

LOL @ having to walk home though! From the Golf course?!

Fingers crossed dude.

UK supplier for what?

Emulator, I think.

FFS.

LOL @ having to walk home though! From the Golf course?!

Fingers crossed dude.

Yeah emulator, If the UCH thing works (trying it shortly), itl get me running until it shows up in the next few days....

Then Il have to re-flash the ECU (full write) with RSTuner, which will virginise the ecu.....fit the emulator, then when I come to put ignition on the emulator will kick in and make the ECU think the immobiliser has been disabled....

Yeah, walked home from haydock, flol.

UCH/Decoder etc all wired up, wire ran to the ECU....

Just need a battery for the key fob now (Going to have a search to see what I need on here)...

I tried starting it without a battery in the fob and it dosent, so Im hoping that is the last piece of the puzzle....

BMW M135i

It doesn't need the battery to read the immobilser code off the key i'm afriad :(, its only for the central locking.

As i just found out doh! Put a battery from the valver key in (Same code/model)....still dosent fire up...

A bit of investigating with the multi meter showed.....

Signal wire from Decoder Ring > UCH =
No Key: ~12.00v
Key Present: ~8.00v

LED From the UCH =
No Key: ~8.00v
Key Present: ~7.00v

Im correct in saying if the Immob wasnt going off, the LED would flash...So I should see the voltage from the LED wire going up and down? It just stays at a fixed voltage...

The signal wire changes by a definitave amount as said^ so im guessing its sending some sort of signal to the UCH....

Still, fuel pump primes etc, just dosent fire up....guessing the immobiliser disables the injectors...

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

^^^ I hate urgently needing something and it not turning up when its supposed too!

interested in hearing about the emulator, or is there a cracking thread I've missed?

Any word from ECU Clinic? I'm only interested for selfish reasons :eek:

No word from ECU clinic...i sent another email but no reply as of yet...

Emulator arrived this morning, fitted just 30 mins ago. All wired up, getting power etc, immob wire is linked to the immob pin on the ECU (58), car still dosent start! FFS.

This means the ECU is not 'virgin', like it needs to be, so im stuck with what to do now tbh! Not happy.

TVR Cerbera

No word from ECU clinic...i sent another email but no reply as of yet...

Emulator arrived this morning, fitted just 30 mins ago. All wired up, getting power etc, immob wire is linked to the immob pin on the ECU (58), car still dosent start! FFS.

This means the ECU is not 'virgin', like it needs to be, so im stuck with what to do now tbh! Not happy.

you know you said your ecu had the wrong software on it, it's not the wrong ecu by any chance?

Nah correct ECU. 172 Ph1, exact same part number/model number (Sirius32, is the model, drives alot of other models too), but the specific model number is exact same as Matteh's.

I flashed it as said with the 172 software + map, all went well, so technically the ECU should have been virginised, and ready to accept a new immob code (Weather it be from the UCH, or an emulator)...So i couldnt get the emulator to work, as expected really......Emulator arrived, and that dosent work either, which leads me to believe the ECU is not 'virgin'.

TVR Cerbera

Nah correct ECU. 172 Ph1, exact same part number/model number (Sirius32, is the model, drives alot of other models too), but the specific model number is exact same as Matteh's.

I flashed it as said with the 172 software + map, all went well, so technically the ECU should have been virginised, and ready to accept a new immob code (Weather it be from the UCH, or an emulator)...So i couldnt get the emulator to work, as expected really......Emulator arrived, and that dosent work either, which leads me to believe the ECU is not 'virgin'.

The words 'f0xy' and 'virgin' don't go together! More like 'f0xy' and 'abused'!

Lol

I hope you get it sorted soon, mate, i'm out of ideas!

Audi TT 225 Quattro

get another ecu and send it to rs tuning with the emulator imo, only 2 week till brands so needs to be sorted;)

Dont need another ECU to sent to RS, this one will do, as it just needs flashing again with a standard 172 map off the car to virginise it, then fit the emulator, and i should be away...

But 1. its more cost, 2. ive not got the time to be waiting to send it to RS and back (I would get a lift up there if the cost was reasonable)...

Plus before brands I need to take the engine out to sort the master cylinder (and box ideally)! Running out of time rapidly :(

TVR Cerbera

Dont need another ECU to sent to RS, this one will do, as it just needs flashing again with a standard 172 map off the car to virginise it, then fit the emulator, and i should be away...

But 1. its more cost, 2. ive not got the time to be waiting to send it to RS and back (I would get a lift up there if the cost was reasonable)...

Plus before brands I need to take the engine out to sort the master cylinder (and box ideally)! Running out of time rapidly :(

no different to Marham then? ( on the time front!)

yeah lol :(

Wanted to swap the box (other box is practically brand new), so I dont have any issues (My current box likes to whine in 2nd and 3rd)....as ive got brands on 27th, fcs in june, ring in july, cadwell august, oulton sept....so just want to not have to f**k around with it inbetween them all really!

Not to mention sorting the brakes, cage, and list of 5 million other things :)

LY 182

surely it still needs the immobiliser coding? the emulator is just tricking it into thinking theres a key there.. ie plugging that in is exactly the same as taping a key to the decoder ring! all you have done is taped any old key to the decoder ring in essence,, it just wants coding to accept the code on the emulator no?

if it has a working obd socket,, renault charged me 30 odd quid trade to code mine up on my converted car

I think the decoder/key/UCH on the loom i got are all mismatched.

Basically the emulator misses out all that shite, and provides the ECU with an immobiliser code (what the UCH usually does) when requested by the ECU on ignition.

Once the emulator provides the code to the ECU, its all good, as it thinks the UCH/Key is present. Even when re-mapped and the immobiliser code is lost from the unit, it will regain it perfectly fine once again from the emulator on the first ignition after the re-map/flash.

Basically I think my ecu isnt taking on the code from the emulator, because I dont think its virginised at the moment (ie there should be no immob code stored when virginised). Im hoping once virginised, and emulator fitted, the ECU will get the immobiliser code from the emulator, store it, and itl all be fine.

This is how James_R5GTT and Geesus69 are currently doing theirs.

Not got anywhere yet today either, coming upto a week without the car running now again.

PM'd paul@rstuning regarding flashing my ECU to virginise it to 'enable' the emulator, but not had a reply on here/msn....so ive just wasted another day doh

Not long ago PM'd henk to see if any of my ideas regarding flashing it using the RSTuner unit would work, hopefully il get a reply shortly.