ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

320d
Re: Mk1 Hybrid Project

Mint that valver jord. 19K in 12 years, thats a lot of cash isnt it, i supose a fair chunk of it will have been from the upgrades. Saying that a 175K Miles MK1 Clio in that condition has to have had meticulous maintenance.

I wanted a valver on white willies wheels years ago and it looks mint. Far too good for just a run around!

Dont take it apart :(

PH1 172

runaround :O

gorgeous Jord - now dont get distracted with the run around - much finish the grey one :p

that is does after a go in it tonight, excellent car

its rotten tho, lots of good parts on it too shift on/brake but the actual frame's tired now, brun/jord would only agree

the phasefail will be epic with the donored parts on it

Im putting a set of turbines on instead of them as soon as possible, as I need to recoup some of the money spent buying the car to carry on working on my other....

Keep an eye on the for sale section today ;)

225 powered mk2

ahh i cnt see the for sale section. i dnt have £10 in paypal. could you pm me the price? and il see if i have enough dollar? :) if not no worries bud

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member

Im putting a set of turbines on instead of them as soon as possible, as I need to recoup some of the money spent buying the car to carry on working on my other...
Should be rolling on steelies!

ValverInBits

loving the new runabout mate :) Very nice indeed and a good buy.

Did you manage to try the fuel pump on the hybrid? If not do you think it's an overfuel issue (temp sensor, O2 sensor?)

dont think its overfuelling, i think its electrical wise somewhere to be honest

Ive started ripping it apart, whole interiors coming out, inc all looms, then going to make a cut down copy of it from scratch....and go from there :)

The updates will be tommorow... i got a bit delayed today....

In other news, the fuel guage has stopped working on the valver, what fun that is proving to be!

haha every 50 miles, top it up to MAX! Is the least cost effective but you will never run out :approve:

Skoda Fabia vRS

have you been running it low mate ?

when i first bought it, it wasnt very accurate, however i always run on 1/2 full or more, and over the next few weeks it sorted itself out

as i mentioned when you bought it, once you get down to 1/3 or less its not very accurate, fill it up and keep it filled and it will be fine, unless you mean its not working at all ?

i feel another trip to matt black's coming on ;)

lets see if the spaz nav sends us down a dead end again lol!

jamie

Vw caddy tdi

Foxy I only sugested the fuel pump on your hybrid twice because on my r5 tub I had similar cutting out and jumping rev needle problem drove me mental for weeks infact. I checked everything electrical swaped the ecu, dizzy cap/rotor arm, plugs, leads checked crank sensor/wire all wiring numerous times initially when i suggested that it could be the fuel pump to a friend it was dissmissed as symptoms pointed to an electrical fault . In the I end I took my 5 to gt tunning and within 2 of minutes driving my car the owner Roland garnier said ''its your fuel pump its knackered'', apperently when pipe is disconnected from the pump to tank turn the car over petrol should fire a very long distance for pressure to be good across the work shop for instance mine just dribbled out the end of pipe no good pump.

Last edited:

yeah its in bits...interior is out, started removing interior loom also...

The white williams wheels, and the wrapped williams manifold, and the williams ECU have now been sold also :)

Gona do a proper update this weekend

ITB'd 182...

Got the new lump/loom yet?

Also, what box are you going to be using? 1*2 im guessing?

nah......valver box, easier mounting wise on the bogbone + battery tray IIRC....but the ratios are a bit nicer too I think.......

No lump or loom or ecu yet

Day 127

Not got much done over the past week, as the weather has been bad and I've had tons of other stuff to do. The blue valver now has my black Williams wheels on it, and the hybrid has two steels and two axle stands.

DSC00350.jpg

DSC00351.gif

The white williams wheels have now been sold, along with the Williams ECU and wrapped manifold from the hybrid. Just on the hunt for two more 15" steels for the hybrid, so I can tow it around if needs be. The hybrids engine is also on eBay.

Ive ripped all of the wiring and heater matrix out of the hybrid, ready to start making a new cut down interior loom. The heater matrix is staying out, and the hole that goes through to the blower unit is getting blocked off. Going to get the seats out and top dash in the next few days, and try to get it 100% bare inside so I can figure out seat mounting options. Cage will be en-route soon also, full weld in style; the interior will be remaining empty until this is in, and the interior has been painted.

Was going to try and get quite a bit done today, but the weather has been on and off as usual, getting bored of working on it outside. Still hunting for a unit locally to put the hybrid in to work on...

Ive also spent a good few nights tracing the wiring for the 172 conversion, big thanks to Matteh for the info via PM. The wiring he did was for his Ph1 valver, mines a Ph2 with slightly different wiring, so I used his notes and traced mine out. Im retaining the valver interior loom (Custom cut down, to be made) and the 172 loom will just be converted to 'plug and play' to the two connectors in the engine bay...easy :cool:

Still hunting for a 172 Ph1 engine though, but im in no rush for that yet really :boring:

Skoda Fabia vRS

i might have some 15" steels mate, but i think they might be off a Scenic so not sure if they will fit ?

your welcome to come take them to try on the car see how they are and go from there

ValverInBits

lovely stuff.
The hybrid is looking pretty sorry for itself on those stands :(

Are you sure it's a good idea to loose the heater blower? What are you going to do for demisting?

M

mini-valver

You REALLY dont want be have no heater dude. The windscreen gets so much condensation, you wont be able to see anything once you're inside for a while, your breath will mist the windows.

I have a plan for demisting etc, watch this space for a while when it starts getting back together ;)

M

mini-valver

I need to sort a condensation catching thing in mine, terrible when its humid.