ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 clio rsi/16v brakes

mrl

clio rsi, clio 172
can some tell me if mk1 clio rsi brakes are diffrent to 16v brakes?

iv bought some brakes which iv tried to fit today and the discs are too big? so im guessing they have sold me 16v discs instead of rsi discs??
the new discs measure 250mm.
can someone tell me if there are 16v discs and would i just need caliper carriers to convert them or are the calipers diff as well??
thanks

yes mate 16v are slightly larger,i had the same problem i got sent rsi discs for my valver and were to small.

no 16v calipers don't have carriers the hubs are different just send the discs back and get the right ones.

rsi 238mm

16v 258mm

mrl

clio rsi, clio 172
all cars have calliper carriers!!

ok so i need 16v hubs!!damm! i was planning on doing the 172 brake conversion at some point so looks like i might b doing it sooner than i thought!

Lionel Richie
erm??? you can bolt 16V/williams calipers/carriers straight onto an RSI, what crack you lot somking?

rsi - 238mm disc
16v/williams - 259mm disc

check with danny sideways, he's more of a mk1 expert than me

mrl

clio rsi, clio 172
erm??? you can bolt 16V/williams calipers/carriers straight onto an RSI, what crack you lot somking?

rsi - 238mm disc
16v/williams - 259mm disc

check with danny sideways, he's more of a mk1 expert than me

thanks mate

i was hoping that the calipers were the same and that i just needed the caliper carriers which a bigger to alow space for the bigger disc's??

ITB'd MK1
yup, caliper the same, carrier is different. I have still got tiny rsi disks on mine, becuase i have a pile of brand new disks that barely fit anythign else but 1.2's

infact I bvelieve you could fit calipers off a mk2 1.2 16v

mrl

clio rsi, clio 172
nice one, thanks guys!:)

dont supose anyones got any they dont want have they??;)

Clio Mk1 1995
Hello.

Can anyone write part number of caliper carrier for 258mm disks? Or Clio model name like C/B57_ for better find this carrier.

Thanks.