ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 172 Mileage

Ex Ph-Quick
About time for another one of these i'm interested in how mines doing to be honest.

right i'll start

date registered then mileage now please

Cheers

Eski

June 2000 - 48900

anything up to 100k in these cars is ideal imo, mine just kept feeling faster with every mile i put on!

my old one:

March 3rd 2001 - 61000 miles

audi a6 3.0tdi
2001 y and it has 57000 which i'm annoyed about coz it only had 43000 when i bought it six months ago. i really think i need a second car

2001 y and it has 57000 which i'm annoyed about coz it only had 43000 when i bought it six months ago. i really think i need a second car
Thats nothing to worry about that 14k in 6 months.I'm adveraging more have done for a while its not mega milage.
what mileage roughly can you start expecting problems?

Depends on to mnay thing you often find the least problematic cars are the one with a fair milage and driven hard.

audi a6 3.0tdi
^hopefully thats true coz mine gets driven hard and does loads of miles but it is looked after and fully seviced

^hopefully thats true coz mine gets driven hard and does loads of miles but it is looked after and fully seviced

Look at it another way the 172 is a more advanced Williams engine there a few over 200k and one over 300k on stock engine.

As for 172's there least one well over 200k now on stock engine without issue just normal wear and tear to look after ir shocks etc.

As for driving hard mines on 92k and its not desinged by Renault sport the engine higher strained etc and its fine.

Lots of Alfas
March 2001 - 63000.

Engine feels strong ... interior rattles less so!

Baj I passed you on sunday going along the ring road in Hinckley^

Register Oct 2000 and on 67,000 currently lying in bits in my garage having the driveshafts changed.