ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 172 HU wiring colours

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Okay, Ive just gotten home with my new Pioneer DEH-740MP and pulled out the Renault HU and..............The connectors are NOT compatable! :eek:

Not a problem Ive done installs before and all I have to do is splice the new HUs connector to the 172s wiring and Ill be done. :D

Only problem I have is I dont know what the 172s wiring colours are and I dont have a wiring diagram for the Renault HU so I cant even use that to decode the wiring. :cry:

Soooo......

Do any of you bright young I.C.E. experts know the colours for the Mk1 172s HU wiring?

eg. FR = white/blue, FL = blue, RR = white/purple, RL = purple, etc....

thanks guys.

Ill check back tonight and tomorrow to see if there are any answers.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Oh My Word...Renault are out to confuse us BIG TIME!

Ive just managed to get the install 99% complete (Still have to somehow connect the antennae to the HU) but its sounding good.

Red/Purple in the 172 connects to yellow on the HU?!?

Yellow in the 172 connects to red on the HU!?!

Speakers were easier but still a hit or miss affair with trying to guess which speakers were attached to which wires.

I might after all this publish a quick 172 mk1 wiring diagram....