ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk 2 1.4 16v project !!!

197 cup
Bought the the car standard bout 2 years ago as a first car and so far have done the following

:full 172 body kit (wing,front+back bumpers,skirts):15" Team dynamic pro race 1 's:25 mm hubcentric spacers all round :g max lowering springs 30mm (but will be fitting coileys soon ;) ):si spec tow eye:raceland manifold :decat:k tec steath stainless steel cat back exhaust :BMC enclosed induction kit :front and back OMP strut braces :all sound deadening removed and stripped interior : safety devices half cage :x1 cobra monaco seat (passenger) x1 rally design full protection seat (drivers ) x2 sabelt 4 point harrness
rmd deep dish steering wheel and momo boss ARS carbon door cards front and back : k tec short shifter !!

Attachments

• clio carbon 001.jpg
    clio carbon 001.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 297
  • clio carbon 005.jpg
    clio carbon 005.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 498
  • clio carbon 010.jpg
    clio carbon 010.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 242
  • clio carbon 017.jpg
    clio carbon 017.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 231
  • clio carbon 013.jpg
    clio carbon 013.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 191
  • clio carbon 009.jpg
    clio carbon 009.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 404
  • clio carbon 016.jpg
    clio carbon 016.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 228

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
The more and more i see a Safety Devices cage the more i want ! Cracking build you got there mate keep up the good work :clap:

na i ent declared them but im willing to take the risk lol

Ahh, congratulations for being yet another invalidated insurance driver that when coming to a claim you will not recieve a penny but the insurance will pay the third party and then reclaim the costs from you which you won't be able to pay thus resulting in higher premiums for the masses. Cheers buddy!

Yeah that's a little careless man =\
If you get pulled, you've technically got no insurance, they can do you

And just for your information OP, it's 6 points for no insurance, and you're still on probation, so you would lose your license. To be honest it's probably only and extra £150 for the mods you've made to declare.

197 cup
the car will be up for sale in the next few weeks and i will be looking for about £2800 pm me me if interested and will give you more details .

197 cup
personly i dont no anyone who has declared mods i pay £2300 for insurance fully comp as it is and i ent paying no more also if i ever crash into someone and my insurance is void ill pay the f**king money out my own pocket !!! theres some sad people on here :mad:

1.2 Dynamique 16v
I think this is one of the worst places to confess that you haven't declared mods.

Granted my cars not as modified as yours, but I added my mods onto my insurance and it actually worked out cheaper with modified with elephant than it was standard with tesco.

Look into it..

ahh you are the clio with the FrenchCar/FastCar sticker on the back windscreen right (can't really tell from the pics)?
i've drove past you a couple times when you tried to race me (in a silver 182).
bad decision on the insurance tbh, and i guarantee you wouldn't be able to afford the payout ;)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Have the engine mods made any difference? I mean is it smoother? Is there anymore torque etc? If so, don't sell, break it and sell me the parts lol! Car looks amazing mate, I bet it doesn't half go aswell :)

197 cup
Have the engine mods made any difference? I mean is it smoother? Is there anymore torque etc? If so, don't sell, break it and sell me the parts lol! Car looks amazing mate, I bet it doesn't half go aswell :)

i found the manifold and decat made a big difference a lot smoother and not selling now decided I'm keeping it i wudnt be able to see it go lol. And it does to well for what it is eats alot of vtr s ;)

197 cup
The decat was custom built and was about £120 and Mani was £200 odd from kam racing yeh I agree mate just as good as these 2.0 s ;) lol

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
£320 :0 hmmm oh dear lol... As long as it's worth it though... No need to save for a sport when a nice 1.4 can put a smile on your face. How old are you? Was it 18 or 19 paying 2300? That's insane! Also, how much did you end up spending on the sport kit?

197 cup
Yeh lol I'm 18 mate I no that's cheapest i cud get :( I think the sport kit was around 500 after have it sprayed en that

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
I hope your lubed up and got your flame suit on because your in for a thrashing on here for not declaring those mods... you've been warned