ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Missfire, sooty #3 plug. Injector?

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
hey people,
Had the engine management light start flashing yesterday and lumpy idle. Progressively getting worse, the plugs, leads and coil have already been changed prior to this happening. Thought id have a look at the condition of the plugs today. Number 3 is very sooty (see pic) could this be a faulty injector? Im getting the P0300 code which is missfire but doesnt really let me know more than that. Anyone else had this?
image.jpg

RB Clio 182
Yea thats what mine was mate, when the car is running, unplug each injector and ill guess that number 3 doesnt make a difference to the running of the engine.

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Orderd 4 new injectors. Will report back with the outcome. From the searches iv done and other people’s experiences looks like the culprit. Thought it felt a little down on power recently :smile:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Mine went from slightly spluttery to the EML flashing very oocasionally to being totally undriveable within about 20 miles. The code I got back was....

DF053 – Cylinder 2, injector circuit, short circuit to +12V

Luckily, quite specific as to what the problem was. I bought a replacement injector for Pot 2 and all was good again. I don't know if it's a combination of the injector perhaps failing over time, or the recent drop in ambient temperature - but the engine feels like it has more urgency now.

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Ordered 4 of RenParts...they sent me 1 a day later than it was supposed to be delivered. Contacted them and said it would be here today...still not here. Hoping itll be here tomoz first thing. Put me right up a certain creek 😞

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
So, just to wrap this thread up for anyone in the future, they have been delivered and been Injectors fitted, flashing engine light, pop pop bangs have all gone so if you have a flashing engine light, running rougher than norm, and possibly a sooty spark plug or 2 then it will probably be an injector/s

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
wow, just was going to post a thread but found this. mine has the same sympthoms, it even has the no 3 plug sooty like yours and the flashing engine light. sounds like a subaru but pulls like crap. changed the plugs and also swapped the coil pack from another car but it looks like a faulty injector too.
thx for the updated info!
cheers!

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
@ripp no problem mate, still going strong now after the injector change. My advice if you can is to replace all 4 at the same time. Just easier while your there and you know you shouldnt have a recurrence in afew months

Exact same thing for me the other day, scooby engine business.. New injector in 3 sorted it. I used the screwdriver trick to the ear to hear if the injectors were firing trick

172 Cup
I have high resistance (in the mega ohms) on injectors 2 and 4.
It started on 2 and then suddenly 4 went as well.
Anyone know if they typically fail in pairs and if there's a reason for that?

Really hoping it's the same reason for the non-starting issue and replacing the injectors fixes everything.
Just need Renault/Renparts to be open so I can order some new ones!