ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Missfire 2004 182

M3 SMG
Hi,

Reading a few threads on the search funtction:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=485943&highlight=missfire+lambda&page=2

Similar problem to me!

Car kept throwing an eml every now and again with no real effect on the car as such. Got garage to read the codes..
Post cat lambda was problem. Car is fitted with sports cat and upon inspection the lambda had been blanked off and was strapped to the side of the exhaust which had then melted :nono:

Garage put the front sensor on the rear, and ordered a new front one. Picked car up all seemed fine :eek:

1day later:
:mad: Started hesitiating when pulling away from roundabouts, and withing minutes eml was flashing like made and the car sounded like a diesel spitfire. Shaking and popping.
Blatently a missfire i struggled home and called the garage. They suggested to bring it back and have a looksie. I was convinced that being the lambda was the only thing changed that it MUST have been the issue. They wouldnt even look/check it out. Just said it was a mechanical misfire and likely to be plugs/leads/coil. They read the code but all that came up was missfire and no specific code? (Not a Renault Garage)

Changed, the coolant temp sensor the other day, and then the garage changed the coil to no avail. So im now utterly stumped as to the problem.

Plugs/leads likely? I didnt think they even needed changing to 70 odd k, mines only done 39!!
Whos are best ot get Renualt or other?

James

Firstly - the rear one - it was strapped to the actual exhaust?

Secondly, has the rear one now been put into the exhaust system, or has it been left outside?

Thirdly, the front one - is it actually connected? Which brand part was it?

Lastly - I'm 99% sure there is no such thing as a 'misfire' fault code - it's always the result of something else not working properly.

I needed new plugs and leads on my 182 at 26k as it developed a misfire, it was driving all poppy like you describe

M3 SMG
Tom you where correct it wasn't a code as such, EML just read missfire. No actual code.

Lambdas are bosch and both connected. Plus had ceramic cracked and looked to have blown through. Probably got too hot at some point

Clio Sport 182
I had exactly the same problem last week!

I got it on a diagnostic and came up with no~4 misfire.

Started with the obvious which was plugs and leads.
When i took the inlet manifold off and had the plug out it had a brown line through the porcelain bit of the plug.

I didn't want to put the inlet manifold on with the same leads, to find that they were something to do with the problem as well.
so i changed them for new miratec ones.
I wish i hadn't to be honest because although the problem is fixed, i feel that the spark quality has gone and the car feels marginally less powerfull.

Mines on 52k with a broken down plug.