ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Milltek

Tesla MP3 2021
i honestly cant see how it would failt the mot, the exhaust is perfectly sound hanging on the 3 brackets already

R

rich[182]

guys, just curious but do you reckon the mount bracket on the OEM could be transferred over to the Milltek, after the OEM's been removed ? Is it identical ?

R

rich[182]

do you mean to get it removed of the old exhaust and welded onto the Milltek

^ yeh, surely this would be the same as if Milltek or K-Tek shipped out a new bracket ?
I'm just waiting for John to get back to us, but am now tempted to still go to RSTuning first thing in the morning and run this by them along with this thread and see if they'd be happy to give it a go, with the right tackle surely it'd be a relatively simple job, dunno..............what you reckon ?

I'm only 20 mins away from them so maybe nothing to lose

Milltek'd 182
no, the OEM one is straight. the milltek pipe comes further towards the back of the car hence the kink in the mount if you get that??
on a side note..what does OEM stand for? lol

i only say about MOT as the guy said about it, and worried me. so i just want to be sure...

Milltek'd 182
Rich..ask them about the MOT....if they say it wont matter than go ahead with it. if they say it does matter we are all in the same boat, power in numbers and all that!! wether it really matters time will tell... doubt it will. you could ask them to maybe bend/modify the OEM one to fit?

R

rich[182]

^ lol it's friday night and i thought id pay a quick visit/checkup on cliosport....................1 hour later and 20 posts, im sat here like a keyboard warrior having a real-time debate about my exhaust with a new group called "the milltek gang"

mazda 2 sport white
i would not fail this on a mot 3 mounts are quite sufficient just take the rubber off or add amount if you wish .

Tesla MP3 2021
as dave has said the renault one is straight and the milltek is curved so it wont work.
CIMG1058.jpg

rich i would go ahead and get it fitted as long as your mounts are ok and they fit the adaptor correctly against the the cat then all will be well, this other bracket probably has no difference

Milltek'd 182
ah i was bloody hunting for a pic! yea it did worry me rich. but tbh i've come to terms with it now lol, and i am pleased with it. get it fitted. most people have said it will pass the mot so im sure it will be fine, and as mr blue said the mount can always be removed ;)

and thanks for the oem bit lol that had got me for ages!

R

rich[182]

^ yeh im tending to go with that view at the moment
lol i didn't realise the std system looked so s***e, looks like something little billy knocked up in an under 10's metalwork class at school :rasp:

Tesla MP3 2021
i did remove the mount as i thought it was pointless being on the car as it wasnt being used lol

Tesla MP3 2021
rich[182];2468803 said:
^ yeh im tending to go with that view at the moment
lol i didn't realise the std system looked so s***e, looks like something little billy knocked up in an under 10's metalwork class at school :rasp:

lol yeah the 2 rear back boxes look like boats haha

Milltek'd 182
yea it weighs a ton too! rubbish. i'l be taking that off sunday too!! let us know how the RS tuning fiasco goes rich. although it must be said...why did they add one to John's if it wasnt needed :S

Tesla MP3 2021
yea it weighs a ton too! rubbish. i'l be taking that off sunday too!! let us know how the RS tuning fiasco goes rich. although it must be said...why did they add one to John's if it wasnt needed :S

its a good point, the only thing i can see it doing is bringing the tailpipes up towards the bumper but i like mine as they are now so i aint botherd really, if it comes down to it then and k-tec shipped them out to the people who bought the milltek then i would keep it just in case, but tbh i cant see it being an issue

Milltek'd 182
yea mine sits as close to the bumper as i'd like, any closer and i think it would burn. yea il keep the reciepts etc...il reassess the situation when its all fitted/sealed up nicely ;)

and on another note, the system is lighter than the 'OEM' ;) one so the loss of a mount shouldnt put undue stress on the others

lol at ur 'so f...off' bit ad

R

rich[182]

off to watch superleague, back online later guys, cheers for all the help etc,etc
as im only 20 mins away i think i will go to RSTuning anyway, see what their thoughts are
Rich

Milltek'd 182
yea have a word with them, let us know. yea i'm off too....need to make myself look pretty and get some p*ssy! thanks for the help too guys.
hope you like the milltek when you get it all up and running rich.

:D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Bit disappointed with the welds....But sure miltek are very good. Bro's getting one on the R32.

R

rich[182]

Does anyone know if missing mount brackets can be welded in place WITH the exhaust fitted in place without having to remove from the car ? That way if an additional bracket is issued it's not a ballache having it fitted

Tesla MP3 2021
i cant see it on the janspeed 1 rich :eek:

or is it just 1 long bracket

Last edited:
  Tesla MP3 2021
rich[182];2469059 said:
Does anyone know if missing mount brackets can be welded in place WITH the exhaust fitted in place without having to remove from the car ? That way if an additional bracket is issued it's not a ballache having it fitted

i dont see why not. they would put the bracket in place and just spot weld it onto the exhaust

Last edited:
  Tesla MP3 2021
also just to note on johns picture in the milltek gb thread i cannot see this other mount???

new01ll2.jpg

clio 16v

Right the mount you are looking at should be used as i spoken with milltek when mine was being fitted and they made an adjusment on all the systems before sending any out so that this mount is in use which it does hold the whole system alot more stable.
You should be able to replace the new mounts from renault quite easily.
jbennett1357 - the system is not blowing mate and he aint pissed with it, if you read the thread hes asking why its lower one side than the other....

hmm funny that point 3 says and I quote:

3. Its blowing at the cat joint, its pretty bad and is annoying. how do i fix it? and again can i do it myself?

guess he must of meant something else tho;)

Also I never said he was pissed I said I would be pissed if I had received service like that!

R

rich[182]

also just to note on johns picture in the milltek gb thread i cannot see this other mount???

Yep. I can't see it either - in that case it would appear that Milltek haven't got this wrong, as they'd assume all 182's were the same, but strange that earlier in the thread I'm sure John implied they'd sorted this on his - lol I'm confused now !

Tesla MP3 2021
lol thats what i mean, he said which was aimed at your picture of the unused bracket that needs to be used or somet like that... lol

well we will have to see what he says when he reads all this

R

rich[182]

Still off to RST for 9am, got a few minor mods to do after lunch followed by engine bay clean, interior and a good wash followed by :race:

Milltek'd 182
Ali - whats wrong with the welds? i thought they looked good! (not that i know what i'm looking at.)

Ad - good obs about not having the other bracket...hmmmmm

Rich - stop worrying and get it fitted! ive just been for a looooong drive, sounds the sex, and yea it doesnt appear to be on the Magnex. guess its fine then if other companies are missing it out and milltek didnt add it! what else you getting done tomorrow matey?

'the milltek gang' rule

Last edited:
  ITB BG 182
Damm i hate this now ( not the exhaust though )

That in the circul should be the bracket that is being used on the back by the little black rubber mount with 2 blue inserts.

I spent the day at milltek as other than craige i was the only one at the time that had the system fitted to the car, craiges 182 didnt have the bracket at the end as his previous exhaust didnt need it so they who ever fitted it removed the bracket from the car.... thus when they got hold of my car being a totally standard system OEM exhaust they found an extra bracket that could be used an from that they spent 3 hours re-adjusting all the markings and jigs so that the system comes with this bracket on to hold the back end up. I was also told that they would have to change or adjust the ones with the brackets on as of what they had done.

Also you can see ive had brand new mounts that still have the damm stickers on...

Last edited:
  Milltek'd 182
hmmm......
IMG_0319.gif

on that pic john it looks like there is only one bracket? is it going through both of the mounts, or just the one like the picture above (which would mean they have corrected them all!)

don't hate the thread john lol, no1 is blaming you! and tbh the only reason i'm at all concerned was the mot thing which i think will be fine now anyways!

ITB BG 182
Yea they are using the right bracket as that bracket as two ends they are both in the same place literally mm's apart.
The only way i can actually point this out is to get an actual picture which i will when i wake up.
ive put a rough pic done in windows paint to see if you get what i mean, but how the actual pic of mine is, is how yours should be.