ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Milltek

Milltek'd 182
Right guys. I had the Milltek fitted today, and it does look really good, and sounds nice too with a noticable improvement over standard power.

but to be honest all thats in the back of my mind as there are a few issues i wonder if people can help with - - -
1. it is low in the left side, the guy who fitted it was fiddling for a while and it sat straight when it left the place but on the drive home has become low on one side. i take it this is the mount? will i just need the left one or shall i replace both? is it a job i can do on my own?
2. I have taken a picture of one mount that isnt used by the system its behind the right backbox (as you look at the car) and i am told by the guy that it will fail its MOT on this? if this is the case then where do i stand with regards to Milltek/Ktec fixing it? i didnt pay the best part of £400 for it to fail an MOT!
3. Its blowing at the cat joint, its pretty bad and is annoying. how do i fix it? and again can i do it myself?

IMG_0309.gif

IMG_0310.gif

IMG_0312.gif

IMG_0311.gif

Sorry for the moans, it is a nice system though!!

any help would be great.

Dave

Milltek'd 182
is it the whole metal bit or just the rubber? you think i'l need both? Glad to hear about the MOT, i trust the guy as my step dad (car dealer) uses him all the time....but they dont do MOT's there so maybe he's not quite up on his stuff lol
Cheers

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
it's the whole metal assembly with the rubber insert.

they are two different part numbers though, as the shape is different on each side.

as yes, you might as well buy the set.

clio 16v
Right guys. I had the Milltek fitted today, and it does look really good, and sounds nice too with a noticable improvement over standard power.

but to be honest all thats in the back of my mind as there are a few issues i wonder if people can help with - - -
1. it is low in the left side, the guy who fitted it was fiddling for a while and it sat straight when it left the place but on the drive home has become low on one side. i take it this is the mount? will i just need the left one or shall i replace both? is it a job i can do on my own?
2. I have taken a picture of one mount that isnt used by the system its behind the right backbox (as you look at the car) and i am told by the guy that it will fail its MOT on this? if this is the case then where do i stand with regards to Milltek/Ktec fixing it? i didnt pay the best part of £400 for it to fail an MOT!
3. Its blowing at the cat joint, its pretty bad and is annoying. how do i fix it? and again can i do it myself?

IMG_0309.gif

IMG_0310.gif

IMG_0312.gif

IMG_0311.gif

Sorry for the moans, it is a nice system though!!

any help would be great.

Dave

to be honest mate if I just payed £400 for an exhaust and it was blowing id be pissed. Take it back tell tem ur not happy with it and ask them to fix it:approve:

mazda 2 sport white
hi mate get your self a new clamp from renault and don't bend it apart
you can just pull it apart a bit and it will go on , with the bolt out ,inside the clamp put some firegum or thin exhaust paste in + a bit inthe pipe from the mill to the cat
do this when the car is stone cold and make sure it buts up good and it looks all in line . and you sould be good to go .

987 Boxster S
I got my Milltek last Sat, pleased with it. :) Although I think I need some new mounts too, the exit pipes seem to sit off centre. They said its because of the missing mount that you mentioned dave. The garage that fitted it put cable ties around the mounts to pull them to the centre, lol. But its gone off centre again...
What kind of sound it is making where it is blowing at the cat joint davejm123? Mine seems to rattling noise from the exits when you come to stop after a while of driving, sounds like there is a load of BBs in the pipes!lol. Also it happens when I am reversing, probably just need new mounts.

ITB BG 182

Right the mount you are looking at should be used as i spoken with milltek when mine was being fitted and they made an adjusment on all the systems before sending any out so that this mount is in use which it does hold the whole system alot more stable.
You should be able to replace the new mounts from renault quite easily.
jbennett1357 - the system is not blowing mate and he aint pissed with it, if you read the thread hes asking why its lower one side than the other....

Milltek'd 182
righty. so if Milltek have revised it John why havent i got it!!! i hope it doenst mean a drive up to Milltek....?!
just cleaned it so i'l put some new pics up.

Mrblue - what clamp should i ask for? is it worth re-fitting it to the cat with some paste in? will the system not expand with time?

cheers guys

mazda 2 sport white
you ask for the clamp behind the cat to the mid part of the exhaust , you can try and refit it but most fitters just pull it apart and bend it out of line it if you get a new clamp only get a one pice clamp from renault , some are two pice thay are crap . i love my janspeed no blows looks cool fitted spot on first time i might add, i think it sounds cool aswell .

Last edited:
  987 Boxster S
Well i definitely have not got that mount either, I compared the milltek and the standard and you can see the extra mount on the standard exhaust. All it is, is a metal bar welded to the back box which should slot into the mount in the pic above. Seems Milltek have slipped up there, they can come round to my house to weld the missing bit on, lol, because I am not sending the exhaust back now.....

987 Boxster S
I'm not sure about the MOT thing, its not as if the exhaust will fall off because its missing the one bracket/mount, mine seems pretty stable, just its off centre by a few mm and it makes a funny noise when reversing... ??

mazda 2 sport white
take a look at old post janspeed a look under you can just see the bar on the right as you look from behind .

Milltek'd 182
well the guy just worried me thats all...i dont want hastle when it comes to MOT time, if it does fail Milltek will be getting a phone call...!!

on a better note, most new systems seem to blow at the cat, by reading a few post on here so thats not really Millteks fault.
also my mounts not either.
all in all it does sound very nice, and looks very good. i'd recommend it....when i finally get mine looking and sounding perfect

mazda 2 sport white
mrblue...are you saying the Janspeed only has one bar too?

it as two bars at the back goning into the stock rubbers mount and one bar infront on the right side of the others bars going through to rubbers
so there are three mounts at the rear in all .

Milltek'd 182
oh and by the way, in addition to john182RS's comment, no im not pissed with the system, it will be perfect when its all working propely...i was just a bit disappointed with the outlined points!

Milltek'd 182
I got my Milltek last Sat, pleased with it. :) Although I think I need some new mounts too, the exit pipes seem to sit off centre. They said its because of the missing mount that you mentioned dave. The garage that fitted it put cable ties around the mounts to pull them to the centre, lol. But its gone off centre again...
What kind of sound it is making where it is blowing at the cat joint davejm123? Mine seems to rattling noise from the exits when you come to stop after a while of driving, sounds like there is a load of BBs in the pipes!lol. Also it happens when I am reversing, probably just need new mounts.

i thought about the cable tie thing to straighten it up lol.

the noise is like a whistle/hiss, i know its the cat as so many of them do it! just dont really know how to fix it. only notice it if i give it medium/alot of throttle (due to the higher pressure i assume), if i reversed quick then i suppose yea it would do it. does it from about 2000rmp upwards if that helps ya

Milltek'd 182
yea yours doesnt seem to have the mount on it either, unless there's a separate bit you havent photo'd like a clamp-mount if you get that. maybe phone Milltek, and say RS will weld one on for you if they pick up the bill.... and if that works tell me because mine will be next lol

R

rich[182]

What exactly is missing ? Which of the photos is it easiest for you to describe where/what is missing ?
Ta

Milltek'd 182
the circle things are the renault mounts on your car. and the red pole is what you are missing. sorry its a bit crap! lol
milltek_clio182_4.gif

Last edited:
R

rich[182]

^ Thanks mate, much appreciated

John182rs - can you please confirm your's has definitely got this
Anyone else got this too ?

Milltek'd 182
No probs mate. Yea John has it, Milltek had to add it to his...they had left it off and said they would alter all the other systems. I think its a bracket they put on so maybe than can send one out to all the people that dont have one?!? the group buy list should all be asked....

Tesla MP3 2021
the circle things are the renault mounts on your car. and the red pole is what you are missing. sorry its a bit crap! lol
milltek_clio182_4.gif

mine also hasnt got this seperate bracket.
i started with the same problems as you mate last saturday when i fitted it. i had the replace the 2 framed mounts as they were causing the exhaust to point to the right like yours

DSC00126.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

Replacing these mounts have resolved the issue for me. the mounts are £17 each.

I would also like to know if these systems should have this other mount included as it may be necessary in the long run.

The problem with it blowing by the cat is that the adapter that came with the Milltek has been put to far onto the main shaft as the cat connection has a lip joint so when the car is running/revved high this will move and if the gap is to wide then it will blow, i had to adjust mine slightly and also got a new clamp from renault at the same time

Last edited:
  Tesla MP3 2021
it's the whole metal assembly with the rubber insert.

they are two different part numbers though, as the shape is different on each side.

as yes, you might as well buy the set.

i got two of the same 1 from Renault, as they are identical mounts

mazda 2 sport white

i thought about the cable tie thing to straighten it up lol.

the noise is like a whistle/hiss, i know its the cat as so many of them do it! just dont really know how to fix it. only notice it if i give it medium/alot of throttle (due to the higher pressure i assume), if i reversed quick then i suppose yea it would do it. does it from about 2000rmp upwards if that helps ya

this where the bugger blows and yes it's likea whistle/hiss noise
182cattomid2.jpg

Tesla MP3 2021
^ yes that is the bugger there lol.
if the connector peice is pushed tight enough to the cat and sealed and clamped then it will blow.

Milltek'd 182
yea it is they added it when john182rs went to get his done he says on the Milltek GB page...i thought it was a bracket but turns out its welded on so i dont really know what happens from here...?! what did you do to the adaptor bit to make it a better fit? file it off or something? i might give it a go sunday. oh and can i buy exhaust paste from halfords?!

Tesla MP3 2021
well looks like we need to wait and she what john says.
i baught mine direct from K-tec so i will have to go back to them.

the adaptor slides into the the exhaust shaft, more than likely it has been pushed in to far so it will need to be brought back abit and re-clapmed.
yes you can get the stuff from halfords, make sure you get the exhaust joint sealent stuff and not the repair gum

Tesla MP3 2021
oh and thanks for the mount pics ad. did you take one off at a time and re-fit the new ones?

yeah i did mate, peice of piss about 30mins.
i also placed some wood between the bumper and the tailpipes and then tightend up both mounts - worked a treat :)

Last edited:
  Milltek'd 182
thanks for the advice mate. i'l slide the adaptor back a bit. i think he's pushed it in too far because he mentioned that the other joint (middle sect to backboxes) was at the very edge. i'l get inderneath sunday and have a go. good idea with the wood. i bought mine from k-tec but as part of the group buy? dont know quite who i go to!!

Tesla MP3 2021
no worries mate,yeah it will be because its been pushed in to far, could be hard to get it loose tho mate it may take a little wiggling ;)

well we will both have to go back to k-tec as it came from them but tbh i can sense it will be a major hassle and also mine is fine now so i dont think i can be botherd lol :)

Last edited:
  Milltek'd 182
yea it will be major hassle, i think i'l get it sorted with the blowing and mounts and see how it goes. i might go into an MOT centre/find a mechanic and ask if its ok. i think it will be a great system when all the teething problems go. hope this hasnt put people off!