ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Milltek guarantee void due to increased performance

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
My Milltek system has cracked and the baffles have gone in the centre section. I only had this section replaced 3 months ago due to the same reason (no issues with power then). Spoke to ktec where I purchased the exhaust, they informed me that I would have to deal direct with Milltek due to the fact that it had only been replaced 3 months previous and Milltek wanted to see the system fitted to the car. I decided to call Milltek myself and they said the wanted to see the system on the car, they said that it could be due to worn mounts ect. I explained that the car is in tip top condition (only MOT'D on Monday)and that I found this totally unreasonable due to the fact that Milltek is a 3 hour drive each way, plus having to take time off work it would be cheaper for me to just buy another centre section, they said they would call me back.

I have now spoken to Milltek again today and they have now said that due to the power increase to my engine that there guarantee is now void as they will only guarantee up to a power increase of 33%.

To be honest I find this to be a joke, I would have thought that there lots of highly modified cars out there running Milltek exhausts, I wonder if they are aware that they have no come back.

Milltek have said that they will give me a discount on a replacement section, but this will obviously have no guarantee, as will be the same for the rest of the system.

Just wanted peoples thoughts on this.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Take it on the chin, bin it and get something decent.

Nothing else you can really do TBH, although if it doesnt mention in the guarantee paperwork (if you have any) about the power increase you might be able to force their hand.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
To be fair to Milltek, the details about the guarantee are clearing stated on their website, including the bit about power increases.

http://www.millteksport.com/exhaust.faqs.cfm

[h=4]Q.[/h] [h=4]Is my exhaust system covered by a guarantee or warranty?[/h]
[h=4]A.[/h] As long as you are the original purchaser, cat-back exhaust systems are covered by an anti-corrosion and manufacturing defect warranty and hi-flow sports catalysts and downpipes are covered by a 2 year or 80,000km warranty. We do not cover against any modifications made to our product after it has left our factory and also not for unusual use of the parts - for example, the use of Nitrous Oxide (NOS), damage caused by going over a speed bump too fast etc. Our warranties are offered on the understanding that the cars power maybe increased by up to 33% from its original specification. Modifications made to increase the power beyond this will render the warranty void.

We pride ourselves on our after-sales support and customer service and will look into each case on an individual basis.

All warranty cases should be dealt with by the Milltek appointed distributor from whom you purchased the system. However, if you are dissatisfied with the service of your distributor in response to your claim, you can contact us directly by emailing us at techsupport@millteksport.com.

Please note: Milltek Sport hi-flow sports catalysts are manufactured from the highest quality materials and built with maximum performance and longevity in mind. However, they are designed to work specifically in conjunction with other Milltek Sport products and should not be used on their own (with the OEM exhaust system) or with other manufacturers exhaust systems. If the Milltek catalysts are fitted with non-Milltek exhaust systems, we are unable to provide any guarantee regarding noise quality, fit, performance or warranty against their operation.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Doms Clio made 241bhp at RSTuning iirc

Paul has mapped the car since then, its 249 bhp now, when I told them I didn't know it was going to be a problem so just said 250.

I know people will slate this but just went and had a longlife centre section fitted this afternoon, its only one section of pipe with no welds so should hold up ok. Its a bit louder than I wanted but it will do until I can sort something else out.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Did everything get done at Ktec or was it a home brew? I remember Ktec charging a BG earlier in the year.

RB clio 182
I have just has to replace my centre silencer funnily enough.

The insides had come away and were rattling like buggery. Also it was blowing.

Milltek are "claimed" to be top notch. I don't think that at all.

Also if they were that good, why have I got rust on a high quality stainless exhaust within 6 months...

Cant belive the people you purchased it off didn't sort it out for you

Really? They wouldn't sort out an orbisoud that they sell either.

Although, it's clever, supply something that can't be used in its current form (I.e a tail pipe that sticks out 2ft from the car) so you cut it down, thus warranty null and void.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Really? They wouldn't sort out an orbisoud that they sell either.

Although, it's clever, supply something that can't be used in its current form (I.e a tail pipe that sticks out 2ft from the car) so you cut it down, thus warranty null and void.

LOL, such a good point!

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Just had a email from Milltek saying that they are now going to replace the centre section with a straight through one FOC. Happy days.