ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Midlands Breakfast Club...The Return - Sunday April 24th 09:00 - 12:00

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I'm sure a fair few people will remember the Midlands Breakfast Club meets that used to be held at RAF Cosford. It took 2015 off and has now returned.

https://www.facebook.com/MidlandsBreakfastClub/

From the people organising it...
Just to confirm, the Midlands Breakfast Club will return in 2016. We have found a superb venue which not many people will have heard of, but is a superb place to visit and is a place that will appeal to people of all ages and has something for everyone. We have pencilled in 5 dates for 2016. The location is the British Ironworks Centre and Sculpture Park, Whitehall Farm, nr Oswestry. Many of you may not of heard of it, but trust me, it is a superb place to visit and is a supe...rb place to hold an event. It's on the main A5 between Shrewsbury and Oswestry and is a perfect driving road on a Sunday morning. The provisional dates planned for 2016 are: 24th April, 26th June, 21st August, 23rd October and a big Christmas meet on the 18th December. The format will be the same. There is no issue with the amount of cars as they have plenty of overflow parking (acres upon acres), We will be able to show the cars off around the perimeter on the grassed area as long as it's not overly muddy! There is a lot to see at the centre, cafe (new restaurant opening), giant sculptures, falconry, working blacksmiths, silversmith, coppersmith, art/sculpture gallery, vintage garage, and shop. The centre is privately owned and they are looking forward to having us along and will be far more giving with help than other places I could mention! Staff will be provided on the day to assist with parking, and I might actually be able to sit down and grab a breakfast! We are also working on a few other things to make it a nice experience for everyone and plan an organisers choice 'favourite car' with prizes such as half a day with a Blacksmith. And the event will remain free and zero parking charges!!!!!!
===

This place is just off the A5 between Shrewsbury and Oswestry in Shropshire and going from what Alistair has done in the past, I'm sure he's given the place a lot of thought and a good old Recce to establish if it is good.

I know we are still in January, but I can see this being a good little event. My 182 should be back on the road and running by April! :race:

Who fancies it?