ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Melbourne Red E92 M3

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Not normally a fan of red cars (ok, currently own an Ultra Red R26, so that aside), but I thought this was a lovely looking motor:

16325268561_cf9d5b898b_b.jpg

16325457621_4142756e0d_b.jpg

16140954879_37b2821694_b.jpg

16300727606_b41ffdf6ee_b.jpg

15707171413_8f0a5f0fd1_b.jpg

:cool:

Mini GP2
Looks lovely, although the splitter looks as though its held on with Blu Tac.... tacky IMO and FFS why do people think Black Kidney grills and Black M badges look good...

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Looks lovely, although the splitter looks as though its held on with Blu Tac.... tacky IMO and FFS why do people think Black Kidney grills and Black M badges look good...
I like the black kidneys, or rather I dislike them silver - I think it's an alright mod if it matches the car, looks good on red - @C.J has black kidneys and black wheels on his 335i if I remember rightly and it looks the dogs. I prefer a matte black though, gloss black is too tacky. The red M3 in this thread would look better with matte black wheels - or a very dark grey, like charcoal, so the tyres don't stand out so much.

Mini GP2
Never liked the Black grills on any period of BMW, especially on the older models, E30 M3 etc...

Anthracite wheels would look nice on this M3. Not a big fan of black wheels, my 197 has Satin black wheels and i think they look shite although thats about to change.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Never liked the Black grills on any period of BMW, especially on the older models, E30 M3 etc...

Anthracite wheels would look nice on this M3. Not a big fan of black wheels, my 197 has Satin black wheels and i think they look shite although thats about to change.
Yeah, fully black wheels kill the detail - I have matte gunmetal on my Clio, really pleased with the colour.

I like the black kidneys, or rather I dislike them silver - I think it's an alright mod if it matches the car, looks good on red - @C.J has black kidneys and black wheels on his 335i if I remember rightly and it looks the dogs. I prefer a matte black though, gloss black is too tacky. The red M3 in this thread would look better with matte black wheels - or a very dark grey, like charcoal, so the tyres don't stand out so much.
You're right.

I've got matte black kidneys and wheels on my E92. Silver kidneys (IMO) look SE spec.

I wrapped all 4 wheels in new rubber today, no longer the stretched look, will update my thread at the weekend.

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Looks superb, bright silver wheels and less tints and it would be absolute perfection.

One lives up the road from me but he drives it like a complete tool. Plus side is, Sounds awesome!

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm pretty sure I drove past one of these yesterday. It's not a colour I've seen in the metal before but this one had a carbon (effect?) bonnet and took the mean front-end to a whole new level.

Looked like a mature driver behind the wheel, too. Lucky man!