ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Me New Clio RSI (pics) opinions pls

don't

RITE, hello, picked up my 1.8 RSI on saturday from a dealers, theyd done all work they said theyd do, although they didnt bother 2 clean the outside of the car the lazy muppets!

They replaced both front discs but didnt replace pads so need 2 replace pads sumtime in near future!

anyway Metallic green 1996 N reg standard apart from 15" alloys

pics:

http://pic11.picturetrail.com/VOL396/2255728/4413277/55209922.jpghttp://pic11.picturetrail.com/VOL396/2255728/4413277/55209922.jpg

http://pic11.picturetrail.com/VOL396/2255728/4413277/55209898.jpghttp://pic11.picturetrail.com/VOL396/2255728/4413277/55209898.jpg

http://pic11.picturetrail.com/VOL396/2255728/4413277/55209942.jpghttp://pic11.picturetrail.com/VOL396/2255728/4413277/55209942.jpg

http://pic11.picturetrail.com/VOL396/2255728/4413277/55209951.jpghttp://pic11.picturetrail.com/VOL396/2255728/4413277/55209951.jpg

car is very fast :) found a private road on way back and didnt wana stop going, on clock said 115, but was prob more like 105 :)

Rite plans are to get new front pads, lower the car, fit my sound system, get window tints

Ok afta finally getting my powercable through a grommet and in2 the car I now need 2 try 2 hide all the wires

whats best way 2 do this, power cable i can probly just about squeeze under the inside skirting, however on the other side i need 2 run RCAs remote and speaker cables, whats best way 2 do this as their isnt enough room 2 fit them all under the skirts is there???

also lowering, went 2 world of ICE in colchester and they said only springs i could have are 35mm or 55mm , i wanted 40 or 50 really

what do u suggest. i dont really want any scrubbing, in a m8s mag i saw sum 40mm 1s

anyway opinions welcome

cheers

.Dave.

[Edited by Essexlad_Dave on 31 May 2004 at 10:53am]

[Edited by Essexlad_Dave on 31 May 2004 at 10:55am]

Umm you can easy get 40 or 35mm springs, just have a look about. My RT is lowered about 40 on the front and something like 60 on the back and it goes over speed bumps fine on 195,45,15s. No ICE or even spare tyre in yet but it shoud be fine :)

don't

well ill b taking the spare tyre out, so bit less weight, although itll have a 12" sub in the boot soon enough

i probly want a bit more than 35mm, so prob go for 40 or 50, dont wana risk going over 50 really, then torsion bar i duno

I will prob look 4 sum springs first and get them, then c where i can get it lowered cheapest!!

on wiring up ICE, the RCAs r quite big, and so far down left skirting i have slipped the power cable under that, and on right side i have slipped the speaker cables and remote cable under there

but the RCA cables r bigger and dont think ill b able 2 fit em under there, how have other ppl done it in the past???

There is another clio pretty much the same going round colchester as i found out on saturday, sum1 in a modded ahem micra beeped at me, i dont know or wana know any1 in a modded micra

then i saw another green clio with alloys, looked like 1.2 or 1.4 though with just different alloys, so lowering and tints will b coming soon

cheers

Dave

don't

cheers m8!!!

Think ive found some 40mm springs, for £65 then ill prob get rear done about 50mm

although im not sure whats best 2 do really, will av 2 get sum more advice from others b4 i decide,

.Dave.

ive got mine (1.4) lowered 35 at front and about 50-60 at the back. cant really take anybody in the bak, as too many speed bumps about.

handles alot fecking better tho. and looks alot smarter

don't

local car place, world of ice said they could get me 35mm springs for the RSI or 55mm

i didnt really wana go above 50 though so im not 2 sure, and im not sure if 35 is enough

want 40 or 45 lol, guna try 2 get sum 40mm 1s and then have the rear dropped 50mm for now

lookin 4 springs on the net now, no luck yet though, prob buy them and then go 2 a garage or find a mechanic and c how cheap i can have springs fitted and torsion bar lowered

.Dave.

go for the 55mm springs, i have them on mine, cant fault them in any way, other than the fact my exhaust needs a little adjustment for me to be able to get over the speedhumps in my area

don't

55mm, hmm mite b a bit 2 much though wont it, with sound system in back, dont really want the car 2 scrub at all,

prob go for 40mm at front and 50 at rear, where shall i look 2 buy springs from as at moment im struggling 2 find any 40mm that will fit the rsi

only seem 2 find 35 or 55 at moment :-(

any opinions or suggestions on the drop then???

cheers

.Dave.

honest 35 doing look too bad, ive never had probs on the front with 35, with 45 profiles on, i reckon i could have 50s no probs at all.

the back depending on condition of your shocks. i would say 40/50 its hard to get the back a precise drop anyway.

don't

my tyres r KUMHO 195/45 R15s

if i cant get 40mm or 50mm springs i will probly go for 35mm as less stress on driveshafts and things and dont want any scrubbing, rear prob 40/50ish

looked on demon-dweeks and only saw 35 or 55

nothin inbetween :-(

.Dave.

don't

perfect m8, cheers 4 that, how much did torsion tuning charge u 2 fit the springs and lower the torsion bar???

cheers

.Dave.

don't

that 1 of the blokes theres no.s then?? call afta hours 4 cheaper quote or side jobby??

found these choices on larkspeed: i need springs 2 fit a 1.8 rsi 1996

Apex Sport Spring Kits

Renault Clio all exc. 16V Year: 90-98

Lowers: 40mm £64.50

or

Puma Sports Spring Kit

Renault Clio inc Williams >98

Lowers: up to 40mm £32.50 ???>98 it says so it that up to 1998s or above 1998s

or

Sportsline Spring Kits

Renault Clio Year: 1991>98

Lowers: 45-50mm £87.50

says to ring 08707 440 101 for more help, so i will prob ring them 2mora sumtime and ask them what they can supply me for me rsi

witham is easy enough 4 me 2 get 2, got sumwhere else lined up 4 me tints aswel thatll do £25 for each window, lifetime garantee in essex]

.Dave.

[Edited by Essexlad_Dave on 31 May 2004 at 11:28pm]

don't

rite ok, place in witham av quoted me £140 to fit the springs and adjust the brake bias and adjust the torsion bar

what do they need 2 do 2 the brake bias anyway???

any1 think ill b able 2 get this done cheaper anywhere else??

cheers

.Dave.

if the car has a brake bias, then its like a regulator, if the car is fully looaded i.e. loads weight int he bak the rear drops and the bias consonsates the braking.

if u lower it without adjusting it u could find the rear over braking.

£140 seems alright. u could do the whole lot yourself if u mechanically minded?

http://potn.co.uk/potn/

don't

hmmm av done work b4 but never lowering and tools r limited and so is time, so will b a garage job

guna try 2 find a m8 in a garage wholl do it afta hours 4 sum cash

gota get the springs first of all though, out of the 3 options above which do ya rekon, at moment headin for apex mayb

.Dave.

Hiya fella :)

Nice motor, havent seen it round colchester yet tho?

I would go lower 55mm -60mm but then thats my choice if you wanna have no scrubbing what so ever like on bumps and that then go for 40mm they are definately available

World of ice tell you what they want to tell you most of the time i think lol!

btw whose doing the tints cos i wanna get mine done??

Vix :)

don't

m8 called daman in colchester has a deal thing going with a place in wickford i think it is, cos he had a massive group booking down there, he drives very nice blue saxo

its £25 for each window i think, or £30 each window if u want gradient tints

Im prob just guna go 4 medium tints on all back windows, although im tempted to get light smoke tints on the front

would av prefered 2 get gradient tints really but dont think anythin would really go with the colour of the car

had it a few days now and startin 2 fall in love with it already :) wasnt 100% onit at first but getin happier and happier now, last nite was gd, hadnt drove it at nite b4, went out and the dash lit up bright red which looked very sexy so made my nite lol

ill prob go for 40mm for now and c how it goes, then get rear done 50/60, will c what bloke in witham suggests, he seems cheapest so far from quotes ive got, world of ice wanted £180 to fit

know a few m8s whove had things done there and paid them loads 2 do stuff,

damans email address is: mailto:damanc@msn.com">damanc@msn.com

mite only b his msn though, but he can b found on saxoholics and also on saxosportsclub under username of damanc, i av PMd him sayin ur interested :)

.Dave.

[Edited by Essexlad_Dave on 02 June 2004 at 9:11am]

Oh its Daman?? wheres he been lol!!!

used to come on here but havent seen him for ages

cool yeah im interested most definately :)

lol!! she looks very nice :D

coolio cheers fella

don't

think they come with lifetime garantee aswel,

guna get me car lowered first then get tints done afta that!!!

u guna get all ya windows tinted??

damans been everywhere lol, got with a bird in the hippo once who id neva seen b4, nxt day get email from him sayin ive been getin on his birds best m8 or sumin!! bit random!

prob cheapest professional place u can get tints done i woulda thought and dont think theres been any complaints

how far is wickford from colchester then??

.Dave.

I know he does a good job from ppl on here just when im gonna hve the money to do it :(

hehe!! so much to do hey!

yeah i reckon so only slight tho dont want it mega dark cos ive got a roll cage would be pretty pointless then lol!

hehehehe!! little slapper!

urm i think about 45 mins or something? cant say i have ever been there but i know its easy enough

Mate if you can get it up to Cambridge and leave it with me for a cpl of hours (go shopping) i will do it for £100 for ya, cash in hand n all that;)

You gotta get the torsion bar done as well tho? where you getting it done?

I went to autoworx in Tiptree it was £75 they are really good there tho :)

i have the number if you want it?

trust me you dont wanna drive around with the front down back up :s it feels horrible LOL!

don't

well i was guna supply springs, and then just get a garage to fit the springs, adjust the torsion bar and brake bias

witham place near kelvedon (07949200705): £140
world of ice: £180
Tiptree place: £......

can u give me the tiptree no. pls, was £75 for what im asking for above??

75 would b lovely, u didnt just get it cheaper cos ur female though did ya ;)

cambridge is bit far m8, cost me bout £30 to get there and back, got the car from up there last w.end lol

cheers
.Dave.

[Edited by Essexlad_Dave on 02 June 2004 at 1:17pm]

I will sort the number out tonight hun and let you know tomorrow if thats ok cos its at home

They will probably do it cheaper for the springs and torsion bar together as well but you will have to ring them cos it was a year ago i had mine done! hehe

Apparently renaults ones are dearer to do cos they are harder than other french cars lol!

no i dont think i did hehe :D

will let you know

[Edited by powelly on 02 June 2004 at 1:21pm]

as long as ur Torsion bar isnt seized up it will take bout 30 mins to do

What next for the beast afta lowerin?

u comin to South Mimms?

[Edited by Essex_Lad on 02 June 2004 at 1:26pm]

I can do Essex n back on a tenner! and thats in me 172 so i cannot see it costing you £30 notes.

I did Cambridge to Leigh on Sea, Leigh on Sea to Oxford, then Oxford back to Cambridge on £35 and that was Friday, included sitting on M25 for 1hr 30 mins

don't

list of mods:

finish doing me sound system £ free
Lowering £200
new front brake pads,
had new discs on b4 i bought it but they didnt replace pads £20
De-wiper boot £0.50p for a rubber bung
Window tints £75

then ill av 2 c how much cash i got left, mite then go 4 performance

got a stainless backbox at moment but thats all

mite then go de-cat and airfilter, not 2 sure yet

south mimms??(been a while since last was up there. when?? clio meet??
.Dave.

RCS/CS meet, its in every first sunday of the month

If u need directions to TT then give us a shout and ill pop up there wit ya as i need a service on mine

Al

don't

at moment Torsion place is cheapest, will get the springs, hopefully sort that 2nite, then will prob give em a ring and say if theyll do it for £120 cash then ill go there, c if theyll accept that as theyve said 140 so far!!

guna get rid of rear wiper as it dont work anyway, dont think the motor turns so i may just get rid of it and have the rear a bit more smooth :D

hopefully larkspeed will av ppl working till half 5, finish work at half 4 so wont b able 2 ring till about 4:50pm

should b in time,

.Dave.

don't

just rang larkspeed

Puma 40mm lowering springs coming in nxt 2 to 3 working days

so prob get them monday,

hopefully by then HIC woulda refunded my £250 and i woulda been paid so should av enough 2 organise lowering :cool:

so now 40mm springs, what shall i ask 4 2 b done 2 the rear????

50???

cheers

.Dave.

Hey check out spotted forum Dave think i saw you lastnight!!

Couldnt find that number fella and dont think they will be as cheap as that anyway

don't

hurry up and post it then darlin :cool:

cant c it in there, unless its jus me bein blind???

was probly me, had 2 go b&q 4 a few bits and then went to the (at the time g/fs)

we were meant 2 b going rileys 4 a bit but neva actually got there, just ended up screamin at eachotha for a couple of hours lol

.Dave.

[Edited by Essexlad_Dave on 03 June 2004 at 8:54am]

don't

naa wasnt me im afraid,

im insulted, u got colour of me car wrong :eek:

ull c me soon enough, im about town sumwhere most nites

this post restriction thing is anoyin, isit £5 to join up?

.Dave.

:( disappointing hehe!! imagine if i had of waved LMAO!! would have scared the poor bloke hehe!

sorry :( hehe!

im always about as well so should see you soon! :D

yeah just a fiver worth doing cos you get so many discounts and get on the club stands and shows AND you dont have a post restriction hehe!

don't

just paid £8 through paypal for membership and an external sticker

so no more post restriction soon!!!

ive made a fool of myself many times by thinkin i know sum1 when its not them

sum1 came up behind me on greenstead road, (was 1 of my exs old neighbours,sum jamaican woman, i noticed them so i started weaving accross the road infront of them and thought theyd know who i was

came up 2 greenstead roundabout and this woman, whos about 30 and a nutter gets out her car and starts screamin at me sayin i was laughin at her, then she cs who i am and thinks ohsh*t and starts apologising while aload of other cars behind us r beeping their horns

spose its understandable, 2 years of driving and im on my 5th car

metro for 6 months
ax gt for about 3 months
ax gt for about a year
corsa for 3 months
clio for ages hopefully

.Dave.