ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MCN Article

Clio 182
Did anyone see this week's article in MCN? Clio 172 vs RS4 125.

Not a great write up of the Clio (although it did beat the bike to 60) as it was referred to as a chavmobile throughout.

I'll upload it later if I get the scanner working.

Clio 182
MCN_Article_22.jpg

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Bit of a retarded test, and wasn't even interesting or entertaining to read. MCN must have about 4 subscribers.

Clio 182
The guy in the clio seems to have recorded a fairly slow 0-60?

Agreed. Not sure why it's so much slower than spec.

Assume they grabbed some matey with a 125, who then brought his mate along who happens to have a Clio. I'm sure the river/rider has as much to with it than the car/bike.

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Now you see... I don't think Renaultsport Clio's in general are chav mobiles... but you can't help but see their point with that Titanium 172??? Huge oversized exhaust that probably makes a right racket, slammed to the floor AND he's wearing his baseball cap at virtually 90 degrees!

All in all though, a pap article basically saying its more important young kids can have 2 stroke bikes that are 'dead fast' rather than worry about the environment... 'cause that isn't chavvy is it?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Lol nail on the head.

i thought it was a nice touch getting him to wear the cap :p

And I'm much more inclined to think a young person on a bike is a lot more chavvy than someone in a clio. (Albeit with that exhaust and those lows, the clio driver seems like a pleb)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
tbh a lot of other road users consider Clio's to be chav-mobiles, and I'm sort of with them, I embrace my tw*t chariots with aplomb and couldn't give a monkeys what anyone thinks, but that's just me :)

S3, Polo
Tragic and poorly written "article". WGAF, anyway? Coming from an ex-biker: Warm & dry > Daily near death experiences, any day. Not to mention the glacial pace of a 125 - eurgh, I'd rather walk.

£4k for a 2001 Clio? Really.

+1. Nonsense from start to finish.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
The 2 stroke RS125 isn't exactly rapid but it's a LOT quicker than the 4 stroke. What a poorly constructed article though, it's almost like they're just trying to appeal to car haters as a demograph.

172 cup
Well it seems the main point they are making is the 4 stroke is much slower than a 2 stroke. So why no race them? Instead they race someone that can't drive in a car that has no relation to the bike in question. And then to make it worse the get every fact wrong!

BG 182cup
why do journo's think they can get away with sh!t like this.. if you look up chav I think you'll see some"chav" riding a crappo 125 bike thinking its a fireblade!! d!ckheads! Grrr

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Is MCN still weekly, it's hard enough to find a whole papers worth of news about bikes over a month, nevermind a week.

It used to be good a few years ago due to the massive classifieds section but the last time I looked (2011 iirc, looking for new deals) that had gone right down.

172 cup
its funny when ppl resort to them as chav mobiles or in scotland ned mobiles... its clearly ppl that are wrapped up in there own little 2 wheeled bubble. i love bikes but enjoy the winter ya bunch a t***s