ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matt's (2nd) Racing Blue 182 thread.

Clio 172 Cup
RB looks good Matt:cool: seen your car around a few times parked up savile park. Them photos are taken just up the road from my house, sometimes I take the back way home it's a nice drive up that way :)

Looks nice, no plans to put the wheels on you bought?

Yeah just waiting for payday mate, so I can swap them over with my current tires etc ;)

RB looks good Matt:cool: seen your car around a few times parked up savile park. Them photos are taken just up the road from my house, sometimes I take the back way home it's a nice drive up that way :)

Cheers mate, yeah it gets parked up Savile Park while I'm at work during the day.

Some awesome roads up there :)

Small update, finally got round to fitting my new CF splitter from KTEC.

On my previous cars I have always gone for OEM ones but fancied a nice shiny change this time!

Before:

7173626591_bf3bc6a01c_z.jpg

21 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

After (covered in half the Sahara) :

7467799926_c8950ee1a2_z.jpg

New Splitter by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

Fiesta ST-3
No Chris, just a mint, un-curbed set of standards.

I think the RB's actually really suit them...

You coming on Saturday mate?

That sounds good mate. I really like the standard 182 wheels... Think they really suit them.

Unfortunately I can't make it, but hoping to get to one soon!

Got some new photos on the Ribblehead to Buttertubs run last week, might aswell put them in here ;)

Cars running sweet as a nut (touch wood) at the minute.

7479419004_067dcfa922_z.jpg

IMG_4427 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

7479378782_ff76b4452d_z.jpg

IMG_4435 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

7479277132_f227ac4bd3_z.jpg

IMG_4446 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

7479269960_51ab161e7d_z.jpg

IMG_4454 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

7479204186_1af73e6cd4_z.jpg

IMG_4465 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

7479187546_847d8936fd_z.jpg

IMG_4467 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

7479124026_58a9d54c21_z.jpg

IMG_4475 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

7478998576_03172d8e22_z.jpg

IMG_4493 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

7478973490_9e4833410f_z.jpg

IMG_4495 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

7478958186_287404d3d1_z.jpg

IMG_4496 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice shots pal. You happy with how the exhaust sits? Can't really see from those pics but may look better a little higher up in the recesses?

The new RB's looking nice Mat. Shame it's not an FF though:(.

I was looking for a FF to be honest, but this one was in such good condition and had the most extensive service history of any car I'd seen, it was a no brainer really.

In all honesty the cup thing doesn't even bother me. The seats are alot darker grey than I thought they were and look fine, they are also alot more comfy than the half plastic half alacantara ones in the FF ;)

Headlights, the MTEC bulbs I'm running are probably brighter than the FF Xenons anyway!

Climate, well that was a pain in the arse most of the time, it's easier having the old "cold-hot dial" haha.

Most importantly, it still has AC which is an absolute must in my opinion.

All in all, the whole cup thing doesn't bother me one bit!!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Car looks lovely mate, cup thing never bothered me either the way people go on about it you would think its the end of the world.

Have to agree as well standard wheels on these really do look great, loved mine to bits when they had the refurb.

Car looks lovely mate, cup thing never bothered me either the way people go on about it you would think its the end of the world.

Have to agree as well standard wheels on these really do look great, loved mine to bits when they had the refurb.

Thanks Adam, yeah the cup issue really is a non-issue for me.

Mint cup > Ropey FF any day of the week IMO

Yeah I really like the OEM wheels on the RB, only wheels Id swap for are some nice 172 cup turinis in bright silver...

They do look lovely.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yep add some recaros and you're onto a winner lol.

I'm not a huge fan of turinis but in silver they would look really smart, would have to be 2118s for me and a nice drop.

I hope to be able to make a similar "my second RB" thread sometime soon :).

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
+1 on the cup thing, i'd have one no bother, its got everything you need, its that bit keener imo

Keep it on standard rims as you've said, they suit it so well imo

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
looks lovely :)

pretty sure I have you old white turinis as well........they're destined to go back on a RB once I take the 2118's off!lol!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Did you get them off "MVH" new owner mate?

I got them off JamesT87 chap,sure he said they used to be 'matthew's' or maybe I misheard!either way said they came from someone on the forum who used to have an RB :)

Z4
I got them off JamesT87 chap,sure he said they used to be 'matthew's' or maybe I misheard!either way said they came from someone on the forum who used to have an RB :)

Nope, not mine/matts old wheels lol.

I don't care what the haters say, white wheels still look great on RB :D

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
I reallyyyy want an RB 182!! - Trying to find a decent one at the moment, hoping to buy one in the next 2 weeks or so!! none seem to be near me or they have faults :(