ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matt's (2nd) Racing Blue 182 thread.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Used to be Pritchard's old motor, right? Looks sweet. The only issue I have with black alloys is when the tyres become worn and fade. The tyres should also be the black circles on the car, IMO.

Looks cracking though :cool:

Were you thinking of spraying the OEM alloys black then Matt?

Used to be Pritchard's old motor, right? Looks sweet. The only issue I have with black alloys is when the tyres become worn and fade. The tyres should also be the black circles on the car, IMO.

Yeah its Pritchard's old motor mate.

In all honesty I'm not a huge fan of black wheels.

Silver > all IMO

RB 182 FF

Yep that's the one Scutch :) I've had it about 6 months and it's been a cracking motor so far... So far I've changed a few things, a newstyle renaultsport badge on the boot and changed the front splitter from carbon to the gloss black GRP one from steamlinecarbon, and also painted the fake allen bolts on the centre wheels covers bright silver to break up the black wheels and finally added a GAZ plate to hide the age of the car. I must say I love the car, best I've ever owned! :D

Nice car Matt. Loving that colour :approve:

Had a free morning yesterday so finaly got round to changing the plates and re-aligning he exhaust.

I have a Miltek on mine which looks like your first pic (tips slightly off to the right of the exhaust cut outs). What did you need fiddle with to re-align your exhaust?

Think ill have a go at it today as the weather aint bad.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I have a Miltek on mine which looks like your first pic (tips slightly off to the right of the exhaust cut outs). What did you need fiddle with to re-align your exhaust?

It'll just be the hangers I'd assume?

Get a cable tie on the exhaust hangers and tighten them till it sits higher/the the left more ;)

15 min job!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Coming along nicely mate, looks really good. Although stop posting pictures, you're making me wish I'd bought an RB.

Exhaust looks brilliant, did you say it was a Miltek? The exhaust is the only part of my car I'm unsure about!

Coming along nicely mate, looks really good. Although stop posting pictures, you're making me wish I'd bought an RB.

Exhaust looks brilliant, did you say it was a Miltek? The exhaust is the only part of my car I'm unsure about!

Cheers mate, and sorry :eek:

Yeah its a cat back Milltek. It was on brand new when I bought the car as the standard one had perished.

Its alot quieter than my previous Yozza's. Not much louder than standard as it still has the centre silencer, which is nice for everyday driving :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Still need to see this!

When mine is back together we will have to compare our shitty millteks :p

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Win/Win!

Mine is very loud, but it sounds epic when hooning. Can get tiresome but it is only a weekend car! Only thing I'm unsure of is you can see both of my back boxes. I love the tidy look of yours.

Set of Xenons on your mind at all?

Still need to see this!

When mine is back together we will have to compare our s**tty millteks :p

Thought yours was running a Yozza Mike?

Win/Win!

Mine is very loud, but it sounds epic when hooning. Can get tiresome but it is only a weekend car! Only thing I'm unsure of is you can see both of my back boxes. I love the tidy look of yours.

Set of Xenons on your mind at all?

What exhaust do you have mate?

Not really, I have the MTEC's in at the min and they are brilliant tbf.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
It nearly was but then I toyed with the idea of selling it.

Keeping it now but can't justify a Yozza, especially when from October I'll be leaving it in Halifax while I'm at uni.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Custom jobby, cost the previous owner circa £1000 iirc. He'd be devastated if I took it off too lol!

And probably a decent call on the lights, apart from looking good the 1*2 xenons aren't fit for much else!

I really like the Milltek to be fair, as long as the welds dont break ;)

It nearly was but then I toyed with the idea of selling it.

Keeping it now but can't justify a Yozza, especially when from October I'll be leaving it in Halifax while I'm at uni.

Custom jobby, cost the previous owner circa £1000 iirc. He'd be devastated if I took it off too lol!

And probably a decent call on the lights, apart from looking good the 1*2 xenons aren't fit for much else!

Jesus thats alot of cash for an exhaust!

The ballasts on my previous 182's were all dodgy and caused me hasstle.

No-xenons all the way for me ;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
My Milltek is 2 years old now, no cracks in it, and I couldn't see any repairs either when I was under there.

A lot of people don't have any problems, just a few who have and spoken loudly.

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Looks tidy, the 3/4 front plate really makes a difference to the front of the car!

Love it

RB One Eight Two
I never realised this was Pritchards old RB mate. What a minter! Even minter than mine :p

Plates make such a huge difference, I have a 3/4 plate but the police stopped me one night and noticed it so I took it off as its not worth the hassle. Shame as they looks so much better just that little bit smaller and it annoys me how you see all these plates on cars with dodgy fonts and spacing and they don't do anything about them.

Looking great mate, I need a splitter and front fog so bad, it ruins the front end lol.

I never realised this was Pritchards old RB mate. What a minter! Even minter than mine :p

Plates make such a huge difference, I have a 3/4 plate but the police stopped me one night and noticed it so I took it off as its not worth the hassle. Shame as they looks so much better just that little bit smaller and it annoys me how you see all these plates on cars with dodgy fonts and spacing and they don't do anything about them.

Looking great mate, I need a splitter and front fog so bad, it ruins the front end lol.

Sorry to say mate mine isn't Pritchards, it's the other guy who posted with a RB a page back ;)

Can't wait to get a splitter on, the front looks odd without it..

RB One Eight Two
Sorry to say mate mine isn't Pritchards, it's the other guy who posted with a RB a page back ;)

Can't wait to get a splitter on, the front looks odd without it..

Huge fail by me lol. Yeah I agree mate, it makes a huge difference for a small peice of black plastic..

Went for a drive yesterday on my fav local route. Thought I'd stop and get a picture in the same location all my previous Clio's have been to :)

Also went on a long drive today, did 180 miles and achieved 48mpg @ 60mph.

You can't beat a car that's been serviced regularly :)

7187319625_d6856379b3_z.jpg

Untitled by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

7187322163_9da7a1cb6f_z.jpg

7372553332_30e44cdee1_z.jpg

And the old one, same location ;)

6327058224_c2f2624ba6_z.jpg

My RB Clio 182 with Sportlines by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

6327069380_317d11de06_z.jpg

My RB Clio 182 with Sportlines by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

Fiesta ST
Looks great, went along that road just last week.

Surprised I haven't seen you around sowerby bridge as I'm there 2/3 times a week with my mate living at the top of sowerby new road.