ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matthew's VW Tiguan

So today I realised that Im going to get no where near the 12,000 miles per year I am down for.

Its done 7,000 and the first year is up in April amd the car is now barely getting used (due to me getting a C1 to run arround during the week to work and back etc)

I spoke to G2L today and 'Network', who is the finance company, wont allow any changes to this maileage allocation (24,000 over two years for me).

In hindsight, it would have been better to go for 10,000 per year and pay if I used any extra (rather than pay and not use them as Im likely to do now).

Oh well, you live and learn I guess. Car is still ase. Will probably replace it with a cleap Zetec S on lease next April, and get another Z4 to keep in the garage for weekends.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I've done 3,000 miles in 6 months and I payed for 12,000 a year lol.

I do enjoy it, but going to look into what sir dave posted about giving it back after a year and payin half the remainder on the lease. It isn't anywhere near special enough to look at or drive for the miles I do, i just got it to save money while I got my own house. Now I'm settled in, I need a Focus RS.

At the time I wanted rid of the Z4 before big bills started coming in. The Fiesta was cheap (£215 per month) so went for it.

Still maintain its a cracking all rounder. When we got the C1, for the Mrs to run about in, I thought it would be for just that.

But, it's so fun to thrash arround and cheap to run, iv found myself takin that over the ST.

I'm sure when the better weather comes and I can give the ST a good clean etc ill be back into it.

For now, it's a drive way resident for most of the week. It's certainly not enought money each month for me to think twice about not using it..

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
At the time I wanted rid of the Z4 before big bills started coming in. The Fiesta was cheap (£215 per month) so went for it.

Still maintain its a cracking all rounder. When we got the C1, for the Mrs to run about in, I thought it would be for just that.

But, it's so fun to thrash arround and cheap to run, iv found myself takin that over the ST.

I'm sure when the better weather comes and I can give the ST a good clean etc ill be back into it.

For now, it's a drive way resident for most of the week. It's certainly not enought money each month for me to think twice about not using it..
Got to admit, I'm a bit lost too Matthew? The above bit describes the ST? Surely?

Use it dude, enjoy it, you've paid for the miles, kick the crap out of it.

I've always said i preferred the Clio but think about it there is going to be SO many of these in the scrappies in a year or two. Makes much more sense getting one of these!

Still look like a people carrier though lol

Whats the score with lease? Is it as its sounds? Your basically hiring a car for £200ish a month? Im assuming if anything goes wrong it gets sorted free?

Peugeot 308
I would definitely make use out of it.

Mines a daily workhorse and I've covered 5k in 4 months whilst cleaning it twice max.

The weather definitely hampers the fun that can be had in this car! The fact I'm averaging 45mpg on most tanks backs this theory up.
I'd rather a comfy mundane slug for this time of year compared to the Fiesta. That being said, I'm looking forward to the warmer months ahead to have some fun with the car!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm, sounds like you're scared to damage it. Those things are insane fun, only been a few weeks since driving one for me and I can't see past them. They have the ultimate all round ability of a little hot hatch.

I would honestly aspire to one if it wasnt for the fact that.
Its actually quite expensive. It is only a hatchback after all.
Its a Ford. I can't name many cars they have made that were particularly noted for their sporting dynamics.
Every fucker in southend has one. Its the new corsa special edition.
Its pretty ugly and the colour choice is...boring.
Its a turbo.
Its new and god knows what problems people will have with them a few yeats down the line.

Apart from that what I've heard about them is that they are great!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Its actually quite expensive. It is only a hatchback after all.
Its a Ford. I can't name many cars they have made that were particularly noted for their sporting dynamics.
2 things, it's not expensive. That is fact.

Now I have no words really for your second point, you're either trolling, young or simply have no comprehension of cars. They produce the best dynamic driving mass produced cars on the market year after year, disputably I must add .

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
2 things, it's not expensive. That is fact.

Now I have no words really for your second point, you're either trolling, young or simply have no comprehension of cars. They produce the best dynamic driving mass produced cars on the market year after year, disputably I must add .
Indisputably? But otherwise, bang on!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I've never been a Ford man. But owning this has made me realise they do make some damn good cars.

Mine was £19,980 list. Expensive for a Fieasta imo, although for a little car it is very well equipped.

Fiesta ST-2
What a silly post.. You don't like it because it's a turbo, you don't like it's colours, it may have problems in the future. LOL

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'm still laughing at it being called expensive. For what you get, and relative to the competitors, it's a bargain. Cars do get pricier with time, look at golf gti's. Can only compare it to current market, not what we paid for clios 10yrs ago!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I'm still laughing at it being called expensive. For what you get, and relative to the competitors, it's a bargain. Cars do get pricier with time, look at golf gti's. Can only compare it to current market, not what we paid for clios 10yrs ago!

Agree with this, current clio 200 edc on lease is around £250 a month over 4 years!

Fiesta ST-2
Wow... I think Ferrari's are great, I should have bought one of those instead. You've clearly not bought new or have any idea how leasing or finance works, so I'm not feeding you anymore.

@gally you could be right, in that subconsciously I might be afraid to get it banged in a work car park, when I can take the C1 and not really bother.

Anyway... I took it to work today, just reminded me how ace it actually is.

Minus 1C outside - heated seats on - heated screen on - and off you go.

Oh and regarding the guy saying leasing is silly, ill just add this...

£1200 deposit + 23 payments of £215 = £6145

No tax, MOT to pay.

I would say a two year old Fiesta on 24,000 will lose nearly, if not more, than £6,000!

Add to that there was no need to out several thousand down as a deposit. That's why leasing is a good option.

Not to mention you can lease them alot cheaper than I'm currently paying!!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
If I had leased mine, even allowing for the fact that I do 19k miles per annum, I'm certain the two year lease costs would be lower than what mine's cost me having bought it outright.

I bought mine for the long haul though, so I still have another 3 years and 60k miles all fully warranted by Ford and with a much lower depreciation cost as the miles and age increase.

Still loving mine. Reminds me I have some data and charts to post up for the 30k miles covered so far.

I was genuinly interested to be honest. I've always been against buying a car brand new unless you genuinly can afford it and its *spare* cash.

Leasing does sound like a fairly good option considering I've had my 172 for 3 months and so far its cost me at least £2500 buying it and repairs. Thats not mentioning tax though.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I was genuinly interested to be honest. I've always been against buying a car brand new unless you genuinly can afford it and its *spare* cash.

Leasing does sound like a fairly good option considering I've had my 172 for 3 months and so far its cost me at least £2500 buying it and repairs. Thats not mentioning tax though.

So you drive a 172 on which in the 3 months you have owned it you've spent more than it is worth on repairs, yet you don't aspire to own an ST because they are crap?

I had a 182 years ago and I can confirm in every possible measurable department, the ST is better.

I had a 182 years ago and I can confirm in every possible measurable department, the ST is better.

I can agree with this 1 million percent.

I even went to buy a 182 as a second car, and after driving 2 hours to get to it in the ST, I couldn't bring myself to buy it.

I drove home and realised just how much better be ST was in every department.

Feel free not to believe me, but I dare anyone to drive one and not feel the same.