ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matthew's VW Tiguan

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Let us know if you can, I'm tempted to let the gf have mine after a year

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I'm not sure if there are any credit checks or requirements regarding insurance that could be affected?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I think I've changed my mind re track day insurance.

63C1D89E-C2A8-4834-99DF-6D3B945A2690_zps9bofxcck.jpg

D6A1F21A-5F65-4F09-BB95-FA98F8C84113_zpscye8ubil.jpg

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Wouldn't be any point claiming for that on trackday insurance though? Surely the excess is more than the bumper?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
So the Fiesta was at fault by pulling into the Rover? How the fudge does one make that mistake?

Iv'e decided the brakes are rubbish on the fiesta.

They are either on or off. I'm finding myself nearly going into the back of cars or slamming on 20 feet before I want to stop.

Just can't get to grips with them atall.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Iv'e decided the brakes are rubbish on the fiesta.

They are either on or off. I'm finding myself nearly going into the back of cars or slamming on 20 feet before I want to stop.

Just can't get to grips with them atall.
Agreed. Far too over assisted. New pads for me soon so I may stray from standard and go for something with a little less cold bite.

They seem to have gotten more like that (currently on 5,000 miles) in the last month or so.

Must be propper bedded in now. They are great at stopping you - almost too good! Nothing in between on or off...

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
That's the problem. They're really good, zero fade around Goodwood, barely any dust, and I'm just about to hit 27k miles on the set it left the factory with.

That's what makes me want to stay standard.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
They are very good, but like you say, either on or off. My mate thinks that's great, but I couldn't get use to that really

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone link me to an interior led upgrade bulb kit or give me some links to decent ones? Bought some 501 9 LED bulbs which have worked in the reg plate and footwells but the rest don't really work. Also what is the main bulb in the front? (Not the two map lights which seem to be 501)

Thanks in advance for any info

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Anyone link me to an interior led upgrade bulb kit or give me some links to decent ones? Bought some 501 9 LED bulbs which have worked in the reg plate and footwells but the rest don't really work. Also what is the main bulb in the front? (Not the two map lights which seem to be 501)

Thanks in advance for any info

There's a load of eBay links to all the bulbs I used in my project thread

RB182cup&golf gti
Going to have to block all these ST threads! Mine goes back tomorrow after a year of ownership and a bucket load of depreciation to be replaced by a 1.0t focus [emoji21]
Was tempted to buy it for the 13.5k owed but unfortunately head has to rule heart. Bloody great car and very sad to see it go.

RB182cup&golf gti
@benhwolves How come you didn't go down the lease route like most people, given you were only keeping it a year?

I was fully intent on keeping it long term and was going to buy it outright but the garage persuaded me to go down the PCP route as I didn't have to shell out plus APR was 4%.
I then found out that we were expecting a baby and we've recently been struggling getting his seat in and out of our three door cars. Wife has a 1.2 09 reg dynamique whereas as I have a mint 182 and the ST.
I looked at swapping her car but didn't really want two lots of finance so decided to essentially give mine back and get a focus.
Lease would have definitely been the better option, but had I known we were having a baby I wouldn't have even bought the fiesta but hindsight is great.
Still don't want to hand it back tomorrow. Keep thinking trade the 1.2 against it and pay the difference but I don't "need" the fiesta.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Going to have to block all these ST threads! Mine goes back tomorrow after a year of ownership and a bucket load of depreciation to be replaced by a 1.0t focus [emoji21]
Was tempted to buy it for the 13.5k owed but unfortunately head has to rule heart. Bloody great car and very sad to see it go.

Which ST do you have? Surely a 1 year old ST would be worth more than 13.5k? Even if just a little?

Would it not have made sense to buy and then sell privately for more?

RB182cup&golf gti
St2 mountune and nav. It's a 63 plate on 4k in SB and there are 14 plates going up on forecourts near me for under 15k so it's only going to worth what is owed.

RB182cup&golf gti
Focus not for me, need a sensible family car and got a good deal on the one we are getting. I'm seriously tempted to offer them the Clio plus the difference in cash and buying the ST outright? What do you reckon? Or keep the cash, move on and run the 1.2 into the ground given that I only really drive to the station and back. b****cks this is driving me mad haha

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted those H7 bulbs you linked up Matt but the distance they cover is poor, I can barely see the road in front of me at night on an unlit road. I never drove the car at night with standard bulbs, is yours the same?

Fiesta ST-2
Whether it's because I'm used to the xenons from my clio or not, but I think the standard bulbs/lights are crap, I've started noticing a lot more with the darks nights coming in, you can't see that far ahead (I have played with the settings).

Reactions: Ben
  Fiesta ST-2
Whether it's because I'm used to the xenons from my clio or not, but I think the standard bulbs/lights are crap, I've started noticing a lot more with the darks nights coming in, you can't see that far ahead (I have played with the settings).
In fact I actually hit a deer earlier in the week, didn't see it till late, luckily I managed to only brush it, and the only damage is a streak of s**t on my headlight lol.

I drove with the standard yellow bulbs and the upgraded ones.

They are definatley better than standard, but then again the standards were poor.

I think any non-xenon lights are crap these days.

Peugeot 308
HID's ftw!
I've got 35w 6000k in my ST and with a slight adjustment to the headlights alignment, there brilliant!
+ I don't get flashed by people coming the other way.