ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matthew's VW Tiguan

I've noticed that mine changes radio station from preset 1 to 10 sometimes when it hit's a bump in the road. My rattles and creak's but not a much as my previous Astra VXR and that was a low miler!

Also anyone else noticed that over little bump's in the road the passenger side suspension components make more of a 'thud' compared to the drivers side ?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Yep. Front near-side on mine. Raised it twice at service time, they respond by saying they've checked and re-torqued all main suspension components but the 'problem' still persists.

It's a common thing on STOC, tyre wear on mine is fine, car behaves as I'd expect it to dynamically, and it never gets worse, it just makes a little more noise from that side if I go over a sunken manhole cover...so I just live with it.

Peugeot 308
Lol I was only thinking about this N/S suspension clunking/thudding noise yesterday. Glad to hear other people are experiencing this as I was thinking mine had some kind of problem.

I get the odd rattle interior wise but I can't be bothered to chase it. Rear brakes grind aswell..

Standard behaviour all round it seems! Cheap s**t...

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The most annoying rattle we have is around the passenger side dash/glove box area. Allegedly the sound symposer can cause this so will be hoping it's resolved on Friday when it's removed for good.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I've purchased a Spec-R intercooler and hard pipe kit. I opted for the pipe kit without the symposer take off point so will remove the rest of the hardware at time of fitting.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah I had heard of that, but not sure where to get it, not a fan of the noise.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I have the blank as I bought it before the hard pipe kit.
Got it from Sico Developments.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I had heard of that, but not sure where to get it, not a fan of the noise.

You could always just remove the hose in the engine bay and stuff something down there to stop the noise getting through to the cabin.

I think the formal option of a blanking plug is considered more for when you want to up boost levels which then make the symposer take off from the intake system a weak point.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I have just pulled it off before but don't really notice any difference tbh, never blocked it up though.

Clio 172
Did any of yours come with residue on your wheels from some sort of sticker? If so, how did you get it off? It seems pretty solid.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422207514079.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422207514079.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 86
  Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Lol I was only thinking about this N/S suspension clunking/thudding noise yesterday. Glad to hear other people are experiencing this as I was thinking mine had some kind of problem.

I get the odd rattle interior wise but I can't be bothered to chase it. Rear brakes grind aswell..

Standard behaviour all round it seems! Cheap s**t...

Yep so I swapped them out for Meister R coilovers. Much nicer :)

Boaring update..

Decided to check the oil for the first time since I got the car in April! Not used a drop, still over maximum on the dip-stick despite some fast long distance driving down the M6/M1. So that's good.

Also was at a loose end the other day so decided to randomly drive to the Humber Bridge...

16226823459_9b987e068f_c.jpg
Untitled by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

16225635970_89b0937b8f_c.jpg
by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mines never used a drop of oil since August, and I regularly do hour+ journeys at 100+. Blue looks lovely.

I've finally caved. Booking it into Ford for them to investigate the rattles. Cant cope with another 12 months in it at the moment as it is.

I'll also ask them to look at the rear brakes, as they sound like they are really grinding at the moment.

Im glad its a lease car, as I wouldnt be happy if I'd have bought it! ha Will be someone else's issue in 12 months..

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I've finally caved. Booking it into Ford for them to investigate the rattles. Cant cope with another 12 months in it at the moment as it is.

I'll also ask them to look at the rear brakes, as they sound like they are really grinding at the moment.

Im glad its a lease car, as I wouldnt be happy if I'd have bought it! ha Will be someone else's issue in 12 months..

Where is it rattling from? I've not developed any in mine (speakers distort quite a bit though). Did Ford sound surprised when you complained?

When I first got it, the instrument cluster used to rattle, but that sorted itself. The main rattle now comes from the drivers side rear passengers trim (under the window). If you sit in the back and press on it, its fine, but obviously for logistical reasons this isnt practicel!!

Not spoken to Ford yet, but going to book it in on my lunch break today. Im not going to complain - I'll give them a chance to sort the issues first.

Its a shame because other than the rattle, its ace!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio

My brakes are also grinding quite badly, might give ford a call later

Peugeot 308
Mine grind aswell, it seems standard practice.

Has anyone else had to constantly move around a piece of crap trim infront of the instrument cluster? like a gap-killer kind of trim?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Mine grind aswell, it seems standard practice.

Has anyone else had to constantly move around a piece of crap trim infront of the instrument cluster? like a gap-killer kind of trim?

Nope, not me, mine's largely rattle and squeak free.

As for the brakes, the pads are a very aggressive compound, they make grinding noises at low speeds, especially after standing overnight with the lightest coating of rust on the discs. That's a small price to pay for pads that perform like they do on track and still last well over 30k miles on the road!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My only rattle was the rain sensors, stuffed a peice of folded paper in it, nothing since then.

Track 172 Cup
Lol reading these rattles and niggles you lot are having with your Fiestas are making my decision on ordering the new Focus RS even harder luckily it's a few months until the order book opens I think.... coming from having BMW for the last 6/7 years and possibly going Ford is doing my head in lol.

Track 172 Cup
Good to know although I never had any problems with any of mine I guess it can be luck of the draw with any cars nowadays.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I don't have the problems everyone else seems to be having but my last German car was 8 years on and was better put together than the Fiesta.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Probably cost twice as much when new aswell :wink:
Spot on mate it more or less did. I think for the value of the car the build quality is more than acceptable. At the end of the day its a very highly mass produced hatchback so to expect it to be even close to anything the Germans produce is a little unfair really.