ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matthew's BMW Z4 Sport (2 litre content)

Z4
Yeah it seems to be the done thing over on Z4, although I wouldn't want to lose reception..

You dont.
Yours currently looks like an RC car!
I swiped mine off my clio, which you actually bought, ironic much lol.

I want to put an iPod in my z4 but don't fancy the aux socket as it sounds crap. DICE kits etc expensive though..

Didnt you buy my Clio, not the other way round? ;) ha

Not really bothered using the aux in - the six cd mp3 changer gives me nearly 600 songs which is pleanty for me :)

Is there a 'done' aerial for these? Type R one or something?

Z4

Not really bothered using the aux in - the six cd mp3 changer gives me nearly 600 songs which is pleanty for me :)

Is the cd changer mp3 compatable?! I'll try that tonight then, always figured it was just audio lol. Get fed up of the same 7 albums.

I meant you bought my antenna haha. I don't think it really matters mate, whatever you put on the Clio fits flush on mine.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Mangowack or wak, can be found on ebay but delivery time is SLOW. Worth the wait due to the perfect fit

Hi guys,

So I had some spare time today so decided to try and tackle the shiny seats my zed has at the moment.

I have seen previously that the 'magic eraser' cleaners do wonders so I gave one ago. The results were remarkable to say the least...

So, the products (along with about one hour of my time):

12841776175_03cdfa5920_z.jpg

Untitled by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

12841783275_77003ebf79_z.jpg

The seats before (its hard to make out just how shiny they were):

12841807425_c38c544e21_z.jpg

The eraser after wiping the seats:

12841799295_28e49a007e_z.jpg

The results were lovely - like bloody new - matt finish leather M Sport seats.

12841791335_6fa6d29794_z.jpg

I would definitely recommend these two products to anyone - give it ago you will be amazed at the difference.

Thanks

Hi, C&P'd from another thread - but though I would put it in here too...

The Zed got an overdue clean at the weekend, and a lovely top-down drive ensued.

These are the photos that I managed to take.

13041883843_96b407d6e3_z.jpg

IMG_6004 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

13041818223_939ea6a8e0_z.jpg

IMG_6005 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

13041572075_5edf5912f6_z.jpg

IMG_6009 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

Had a right old time getting of the grass!

13041412473_fa6aa9b595_z.jpg

IMG_6017 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

13041328653_055ec73234_z.jpg

IMG_6020 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

13041811734_c454b8a6ca_z.jpg

IMG_6012 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

13041088323_f554998cbc_z.jpg

IMG_6027 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

13041691344_8cc7a159d6_z.jpg

IMG_6016 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

Plans are to keep it until probably September and get as much top-down summer action as possible then punt it on and opt for a lease deal on something more practical.

It will be hard to see her go though, cracking car (even with the four-pot)!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I do love it. more pictures of the blonde though, you know the rules.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Car looks smashing Matt, I'm unsure as to why you used the sponge too. No idea if it was leather safe etc!!!

I bought that gold class stuff and took it straight back, was far too slippery for me. Bought gliptone cleaner and conditioner instead and was seriously impressed.

Car looks smashing Matt, I'm unsure as to why you used the sponge too. No idea if it was leather safe etc!!!

I bought that gold class stuff and took it straight back, was far too slippery for me. Bought gliptone cleaner and conditioner instead and was seriously impressed.

I saw it used over on the Z4 forum and thought I would give it a try. Seemed to bring them up like new though and they were black after so must have worked.

I used the conditioner afterwards to make sure they weren't damaged.

I might look into the product you mentioned though!

Do really like that even if it is a 4 banger. The colour suits it perfectly.

Thanks. Colour is ace, it's almost purple in the direct sunlight.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Matthew, we need to talk why you think it's on it's way out, and why on earth you think it needs a flywheel???

I reckon if you gave it a half a go you could have the clutch done for <350 all in. Not to mention removing the CDV at the same time.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It's a shame you're in yorkshire Matt or I'd take a look. It sounds to me like you're not used to the CDV (which is s**t) and so it feels like the clutch is slipping, when it's really being delayed (by the CDV) so you can't just ram it in and blow the clutch to pieces.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
It's on lots of bmws yes. It's one of the reasons the e60 m5 was smg only. If it was manual the clutch delay would ruin the car therefore they stuck in the smg to make sure it was more regulated (so I'm lead to believe)

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Nah its probably priced right. If it had the 3 litre engine it would be worth a few quid more.

Well the car sold last night to the first viewer.

As part of the deal I get to keep it for a few weeks until the Fiesta ST is delivered.

I will be starting a new thread for the Fezza at some point.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Well the car sold last night to the first viewer.

As part of the deal I get to keep it for a few weeks until the Fiesta ST is delivered.

I will be starting a new thread for the Fezza at some point.

Great, another standard fiesta st thread....

Kidding.