ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

matched inlets ph1 172!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
why do people say that you will get better gains from a ph1 than a ph2 172??
i looking to get them done soon but not 100% that its worth it, ive searched on here for a bit info but doesnt seem like many people have actually experienced them?
rich

PH1 172 Sport
Ideally you want matched inlets, decat and then a remap. But matched inlets or a decat on its own is a good place to start.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
well i just got a full decat system done today so matched inlets will be next...
basically im just going to do everything to beat jamesstone's clio. lol

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
all you keep telling me to do is matched inlets and remap! but i will beat 'jms cars' can anybody say turbo!!! lol

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
i just always used to take the pi** out of him for his car when i had faster cars but they where never as much fun as these clios so i want a really quick one now and hes to blame really and for my sister getting one!

ITB'd MK1
lol long story but its mostly because his car is rapid but i want one faster and ive heard the ph1 is better to tune than the ph2 but dont know if its true!

ph1s do give better results form tuning, but it's generally the slightly more serious tuning where you see a difference. ITBs for example, i'd expect 5bhp more from the same kit on a ph1, than a 182

03 clio 172
Twas good things mate, just mentioned you had various fast cars and that you had switched to a ph1 for some fun, got the bug and now want to beat him.