ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

market for an RS clio diesel?

172 y reg flamer
was thinkin about this the other day,

would there be a market for them like there is for the RS megane diesel? and to a lesser degree the c2 vts diesel, or is a petrol one economical enough as am gettin about 36mpg atm.

RS clio with bags of torque would be interesting thing.

172 y reg flamer
just too add,

i think its fundamentally wrong and an affront, just wondered if there was a place for it

Was a 197
i do know, wot i trying to get at is that renault have done a RS diesel, dunno how well that lump would fit into a clio

Focus ST-2
Those DCI 1.5 106's are really nippy, great on the motorway, we had one as at demo when I worked at Renault in Wigan.

dCi 80 tractor
They should stick a 130bhp unit in it, it would fly then. If Seat can put a 160bhp derv in a Ibiza then I'm sure the Clio could handle something bigger. They have given the Megane and Laguna high performance diesel engines but not the Clio, catch up Renault.

RB FF 182
Seems like there would be in N.Ireland the amount of remapped VAG PD powered cars around midulster is savage, also still kicking around in their 306 D-Turbo, with the pump and turbo "screwed out bai" with the reek flying out the back of the car...

Please observe:
918615092a7779025477lxivf6.jpg

I'm allergic to DERV's :p

320d
I think there would be a market yes. If they put the dci 175 in it, got the emmisions down to band C or even B if they did stop start and all that stuff.

It would then make the RS Clio appealing to company car drivers, and after all the 2.0 N/A hot hatches are going, this is probably the last phase of them because the of the 2015 emmisions targets.

However a 1.6T would be a better option than a derv. BMW's M cars will be turbo'd from now on due to emmisions.

N/A is dieing unfortunately :(

172 y reg flamer
I think there would be a market yes. If they put the dci 175 in it, got the emmisions down to band C or even B if they did stop start and all that stuff.

It would then make the RS Clio appealing to company car drivers, and after all the 2.0 N/A hot hatches are going, this is probably the last phase of them because the of the 2015 emmisions targets.

However a 1.6T would be a better option than a derv. BMW's M cars will be turbo'd from now on due to emmisions.

N/A is dieing unfortunately :(

aye, i work for BMW and all the big things are goin the way of BOOST, which is a pitty as high revving V8 in the M3 and the M5/6's V10 are just amazing:cool: