ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's Fiesta ST

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I just can't see it being worth that little or an I missing something?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I just can't see it being worth that little or an I missing something?

I'm forever the pessimist gally; 100k miles, 5 years old, one owner, full service history, fully warranted for the 5 years, MP215 upgrade, otherwise standard car - I thought £4k for that was a safe bet.

I could see it being worth £5k at that time, maybe a little more, but it's always going to be a finger in the air so I've erred on the side of caution!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Mark, anyone fitted aftermarket wheels yet? Any pics? Just curiosity.

clio 182 trophy
It will be a lot of car for 4k! I would be shocked if it was around that price. Did you have many optional extras?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Molten Orange (£725) paint and a spare wheel (£100), that's it.

There's a lot more you can specify on one now...plus they've now started taking orders on the 'new' ST-3.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Press release on the ST3 Mark?

Also the mk6 isn't comparable to the Mk7. It never had the following or glowing reviews of this one, this is a new level of Fiesta imo.

They never had a competitor to the MK3 R.S. Clio so this one is a different ballgame to the MK6 imo.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Press release on the ST3 Mark?

Also the mk6 isn't comparable to the Mk7. It never had the following or glowing reviews of this one, this is a new level of Fiesta imo.

They never had a competitor to the MK3 R.S. Clio so this one is a different ballgame to the MK6 imo.

It's only just starting to officially surface now...some dealers have brochures, most don't, some will take orders, most won't.

It's nothing special really, it's just an ST-2 with the added packs (that are already available) and including sat-nav IIRC. Most were hoping for full leather and Xenons.

Re. residual value...I'll be disappointed if at 5yrs/100k it is worth only £4k but I'd rather see it in it's worst light and revise it for the better than to do it the other way around.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Mark, anyone fitted aftermarket wheels yet? Any pics? Just curiosity.

index.php

IMG_4306.jpg

FA26D6D0-FF88-44E7-800D-2F75104F3871_zpsxsxhdxi2.jpg

index.php

6A377234-6956-4C82-AA3D-5901DDC4CE68-12421-0000026ECAF4BFD2_zpsd0c2a21e.jpg

2CD1517E-D922-436B-941C-E037756642A0-2079-00000157715D6BF3_zps46c3346d.jpg

IMG_2662_zps4154cd38.jpg

Thats just some of the different "themes".

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
The turinis and m05s would look awesome if they weren't such w**k colours :(

lol at cobra exhaust on that other one too.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Turinis would look great as always (if a little underwheeled) but what a piss colour!

Can't see half the black one as they are so dark! Red car would probably look half decent, love a nice front splitter.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Really loving those splitters, the mk6 also looked great with them, adds so much agression.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Wanted an ST, saw the above example's and realised the type of people who will mostly buy this car, kinda gone off the idea now. They look horrendous.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Wanted an ST, saw the above example's and realised the type of people who will mostly buy this car, kinda gone off the idea now. They look horrendous.

To be fair to the 'community' it seems to be an even split between 40-50 year olds along with the 17-25s as well.

Sadly though, the elders seem just as bad at throwing tasteless additions at their STs on as the yoofs.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
To be fair to the 'community' it seems to be an even split between 40-50 year olds along with the 17-25s as well.

Sadly though, the elders seem just as bad at throwing tasteless additions at their STs on as the yoofs.

It's a bit disappointing, I'm pretty much ready to sign the paperwork for a spirit blue st2 and then saw those and it's put me right off, I know we've all had the clio's etc with different wheels on but there's something a lot more 'chavy' about a fiesta, lowered with tinted windows, tasteless coloured wheels and some useless tit behind the wheel and it spoils the image of a very good car.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
It's a bit disappointing, I'm pretty much ready to sign the paperwork for a spirit blue st2 and then saw those and it's put me right off, I know we've all had the clio's etc with different wheels on but there's something a lot more 'chavy' about a fiesta, lowered with tinted windows, tasteless coloured wheels and some useless tit behind the wheel and it spoils the image of a very good car.

Understood.

What you could always do is buy the car you want to own and not give a flying f*** about what anyone else (most of whom you do not know anyway) thinks.

That's what I did and I'm loving it.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I wouldn't worry to much about a forum and what others think lol.

A clio is hardly a non chavvy car. Too most people its a clio with a bodykit and 2 exhausts out the back.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Understood.

What you could always do is buy the car you want to own and not give a flying f*** about what anyone else (most of whom you do not know anyway) thinks.

That's what I did and I'm loving it.

This. I always find it odd when people refer to the "image" of a car. The car has no image to normal people except in our own little heads/worlds.
Also, isn't there a theory that we think everyone else notices/judges us much more than they actually do.
In other words, most people won't care a jot, it's a Fiesta to them.
It's how you behave in the car that actually affects how people feel towards you or the car and that doesn't matter whether you're in a 106 or a 911.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Oh and yeah I agree, everyone makes remarks to me these days like, bit young for you, your a dad, and what about a nice Audi etc?! F*ck off I've bought it cos it's a drivers car, not for anyone else benefit or as an 'extension!'

rant finished