ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's 2017 Ford Focus RS

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
You'd be alright til you looked at or touched any of the controls. Or sat in it

As said by many before the interior is old and pretty low rent. It's a little up on the ST but not much...and the firm damper setting does really shake sh*t about!

Still not seen this on the Sussex roads .

Has your neighbour got the white focus st to keep up with you

All in good time :up:

White ST was a complete coincedence. He went and bought it before he knew about my RS, but did so because I'd told him about how good the Fiesta was.

Wowser. Can't believe you've done that many miles over a weekend! I'm over year in and only used LC 3 times, good to see you're enjoying it properly. Look forward to the videos.
Really pleased for you and that you like it. After all the doubts about spending so much on a car, worth it?

Not quite a weekend, four days total but that included a couple half days of daddy duties...pretty much every spare minute otherwise has been spent driving the thing.

Worth it? I think so...and considering it'll be cheaper than the ST in the long run most definitely.

iirc Allans Fiesta will be 320/330bhp before the years oot lol.

I expect to get a serious ass kicking from it LOL

Right, the money's been transferred, they've confirmed receipt, return of the hire car is booked, RS collection is at 0830 tomorrow.

I'm a just like a kid at Christmas today.

A few stills from yesterday...

View attachment 186870

This thread is far too long and detailed to read the majority of posts. However, to the argument of black/anthracite/grey wheels over silver, this photo absolutely confirms you've made the right choice. Ford appear to have the most brilliant "hyper silver" finish to their OEM alloys. Something I've always noted since a friend picked up a 1.8 Focus many moons ago.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
So this morning I thought I ought to sort out some insurance as the Ford driveaway cover expires in a couple of days.

Aviva, me and Sarah (who are both accident prone), Topcashback rebate included, £210 a year. That'll do.

That's over £150 a year cheaper than my ST!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
So this morning I thought I ought to sort out some insurance as the Ford driveaway cover expires in a couple of days.

Aviva, me and Sarah (who are both accident prone), Topcashback rebate included, £210 a year. That'll do.

Jesus. Result.

Fiesta ST Stage 3

That is silly cheep .

For the ST in std the best I could get was £ 240 I think with 14 years NCB .

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
You know you're winning when your insurance is cheaper than your car tax.

Almost but not quite...VED on the RS is £140 a year...although the base insurance quote before I bolted the basic essential 'extras' to it would have been £142 a year.

That is silly cheep .

For the ST in std the best I could get was £ 240 I think with 14 years NCB .

That's good going! I was paying £370 per year but that did include cheap trackday cover as well.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
But just think what a mess our roads would be in without all the tax revenue.

Oh, hang on[emoji1]

Council tax pays for the roads, VED allows you to use the roads iirc

Thats you safe in the knowledge that someone doing 65,000 miles a year in a 1 litre Fiesta putting out 645 times the amount of co2 emissions of the guy paying six times the tax in his RS6 but he's doing 3000 miles a year.

So glad we have a properly worked out system, it gives my penis that well needed twitch.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Nice, you look made up with it. I enjoyed the bit where you were sat down doing paperwork and how animated you were compared to the salesman over the time lapse.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Have you fired it off a roundabout in the wet yet with all 4 wheels having no traction?

I've not gone balls out in the wet without traction control just yet...although I am comfortable with how the back moves around when exiting...I just don't know how much of that movement is limited by ESC intervention.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
I've not gone balls out in the wet without traction control just yet...although I am comfortable with how the back moves around when exiting...I just don't know how much of that movement is limited by ESC intervention.

Only one way to find out .........................

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Leave it on and just boot it off roundabouts, it'll be fun

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Leave it on and just boot it off roundabouts, it'll be fun

It does move with it on but not much...a second gear exit from a tight roundabout does need a dab of oppo and it all feels very controllable...but I don't know if that's my mega skillz or the car doing it all for me.

Great videos so far @MarkCup
Only thing i would suggest is when you're using the internal camera, "focus" less on the dashboard, i came in halfway through and thought you were reviewing a Transit Connect :tonguewink:
Hurry up & get it run in btw, i want to see sideways drift videos.

It's all run in...I had 1k miles done in 3.5 days...launch control video should be up in a day or two!

Good video @MarkCup found myself smiling for you most the way through it.

Has the gearbox loosened up any yet?

Oh yes...it's still quite a heavy thing to shuffle about but the whole process is now much smoother. I can see why when PH reviewed it versus the Civic they were saying how much better the Civic's shift was.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I'll take you out in the M Lite when we eventually get round to a drive mate. Never drifted a Focus (obviously) but the BMW isn't easy (for me) to hold big angles unless it's wet.