ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mark 2 172 interior in a Cup

Sacrilege I know but what do you guys rekon? Really fed up of the low rent interior in the Cup and have the chance to buy fronts/back seats (no door cards) this week.

VaVa

Do it. But only if theyre at a decent price. They look 100% better, but are essentially the same seats with different covers. I think If I had a cup, id get a 172 rear bench and some leather/suede buckets for the front.

How you getting on with the maxogen btw?

big red bus

Fred has a set of 172 interior with TV screen in the headrest, Well worth it for his price IMO!

Remapped derv Golf

Was gonna do it but the airbags in the seat worried me i bit.
Wasnt sure weather Id encounter problems with the ECU

big red bus

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 20 June 2005

Was gonna do it but the airbags in the seat worried me i bit.
Wasnt sure weather Id encounter problems with the ECU
Leave them unattached then

MERCEDES CLS AMG

fit aircon as well and a spare wheel and hey presto ......... a standard spec 172 clio. The whole idea of a cup is a simple light weight, on or off track car.

Remapped derv Golf

Doubt there is much difference in weight. Maybe the rear head rests add some. Think the cups seats are a cost saving item rather than a weight saving one

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 20 June 2005
fit aircon as well and a spare wheel and hey presto ......... a standard spec 172 clio. The whole idea of a cup is a simple light weight, on or off track car.

Will weigh 5-10 kg more, will make no noticeable difference to performance. Wouldnt mind fitting climate control to it but that is way to much hassle I bet.

Yeah and ill be lucky if I used it for 10 days in the year living up here, way to much hassle. Will be more than happy with the 172 interior though, Cups interior would look more at home on a base model 1.2 with steel wheels!

Quote: Originally posted by The Big Yin on 20 June 2005
Neil you want me to look after your cup interior for you ;)

The interior already in your car will look nicer than a Cups interior I bet!

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 20 June 2005
just a bit, will be a major cost and grief to fit youd be better off chopping the cup in for a full fat 172.

A cup imo is not the sort of car you want to be in this time of year.
Air-con is a godsend
;)

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 20 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 20 June 2005

just a bit, will be a major cost and grief to fit youd be better off chopping the cup in for a full fat 172.

A cup imo is not the sort of car you want to be in this time of year.
Air-con is a godsend
;)
You sure as hell dont want one initially in the winter (if my first experiences in the wet are anything to go by) so that leaves, erm, how did they sell over 2000?!

Its really not that bad without aircon, 31deg and we all freak out, -2 and we all freak out. Ive spent enough time in places such as Africa and Canada to be embarrased by this country and how we cope with the weather. I drove 180 miles over the weekend in my Cup and didnt feel particuarly uncomfortable, windows down when not going 60+, no problem.

[Edited by ukaskew on 20 June 2005 at 11:37pm]

A well built VW

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 20 June 2005

Your having a laugh Neil - Alize clio = seats you slide off going round a bend , hard left or right and forget it!!:cry:

I think youd be better with some nicer sports seats like yozza and some harnesses MMMmmmmm

[AS for the air con , thats what windows are for !!!!]

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by The Big Yin on 21 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 20 June 2005

Your having a laugh Neil - Alize clio = seats you slide off going round a bend , hard left or right and forget it!!:cry:

I think youd be better with some nicer sports seats like yozza and some harnesses MMMmmmmm

[AS for the air con , thats what windows are for !!!!]
Agree strip that b**ch out...for some lovely buckets!

Remind me............. why did you buy a 182CUP??? lol

You know it makes sense thou to fit the leather/Alcanterra:D

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 21 June 2005
Remind me............. why did you buy a 182CUP??? lolYou know it makes sense thou to fit the leather/Alcanterra:D

I have a 172 Cup.