ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

March 4th 2012: Red Lion Meet @ 12:00pm

Not looking so good for me tomorrow. I've been fighting man flu the last couple of days. If I don't feel too bad we'll still shoot over for some lunch, provided I can swallow.
I won't be there tomorrow guys, had a late night. Didn't want to just not turn up, so thought I'd write on here. Hope you all have a good time though.
Cheers for letting us know fellas.

Tom i know this route very well (even know where the pot holes are) its where i go for a sunday afternoon blast to chester zoo and back and its an awesome road! favoured by motorbikers coming at you on your side of the road!
Excellent!

Told them at wolves Upto 15 cars and they're sound about it.put me and the missus down for food too!!!!!
I hope they have space for us! I had a scout by yesterday and it looks limited haha. If everyone turns up at Renault, who says they are, that's 11 Renaults and 2 Civics. >.< :D

What time do you think you will be heading home?
I'm guessing at about 17:00 depending on whether we do the Eccelshaw run. I know it's only 7:00 at the moment, but if the rain carries on like this a lot of people may not be up for driving. >.< The pub closes at 15:00 so that's the earliest we'll be done.

Guys I like 5 mins away from the Eccleshall run!! Can I join in?!?
Of course man. Like Chris said, come down to the Red Lion. We're meeting there at 12:00, eating at 13:00 and going for a drive at 15:00 (approximately).

He was giving it a fair bit and kept changing gear just before 5k. And his views then was it was quick.
I said give it some. See what happens at 5k.
So on he went. 2nd gear, floored it, got to 5k, and his words were 'oooo I like that!'
I wish my dad shared that enthusiasm. He keeps telling me I am going to kill myself haha. I took him for a drive when I picked it up and his legs were shaking when we got out the car lol.

Also, quite important, so I've sent this as a PM too:

I know most of you probably know this but I want to stress its importance:

To be at the Red Lion exactly on time, we have to leave from Renault today at 11:20 at the latest.

This only gives us 20 minutes at Renault, which is often how late some people turn up.

So please try your best to be on time, because I'd hate to have to leave without everyone.

Cheers peeps!

See you at Renault, waste of time cleaning my car yesterday

get your brollies out

Last edited:

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Good news and bad news for me

Good news is I am no longer working today.

Bad news is that I am in Stafford hospital

Looks like I'm coming along guys - be nice ;)

Shame chapperzuk can't make it. Was looking forward to seeing his Arctic too.

Just got the new High Contrast album so looking forward to listening to that on the way.

Sorry to hear about your injury man. Hope it heals quickly for you.

Your hair may get wet. :|

Glad you can make it Tom. What time do you plan on arriving?

Lee

BMW M2C
I don't feel too rough today, so I'll head straight over to the Red Lion. I see enough if Renault Cannock as it is. Lol

I should be there just after 12.

Lee

BMW M2C
First meet I've made it along to in a while. It was only a fleeting visit due to the man flu, but great to see such a large turnout, even if it was freezing. Nice pub, and great food though, and nice to catchup and meet some of the newer members.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Good meet. I shall put up some pictures in the other thread when I can. Although may be blurry from me shivering.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks everyone for a great meet and a big Thanks to Tom for organising it and I thins Don assisted so thanks to him too.
See you all again soon

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Was another good turn out.
Look forward to the next one

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Lol
yeh

How much better was my route than yours?!

cheers to tom for organising, great turnout!

Yep your route was way better than mine, that road was quite good, and i did manage to get sideways at one point which was interesting at those speeds.

I was surprised jude caught up so quirkly

Fantastic meet, I can't thank everyone enough for such a great turnout and being in and out of Renault so promptly! It all went very smoothly and the commitment was great considering the weather.

Also, a big cheers to the guys who helped with the finer details, such as meeting at Renault (t21ads), getting from Renault to the Red Lion (Rockers) and helping me find the initial venue and putting up with me organising this (Don).

Also, thanks to cswalmsley for the ready salted crisps hahaha (WTH?!)

I'll get my piccies up a little later.

I'm sure glad I cleaned my car - it's proper filthy now - now the Sun is out!!

DAMN YOU MOTORING GODS!

Anyway, it was a pleasure to see everyone today and I'm sorry if I never got a chance to speak with some people as much as others, but I hope to see a fair few of you at the next meet, whether it's one of mine or Dons! :D

Last edited:
  mondeo titanium tdci
Just got the clio bathed and tucked up in the garage had a fantastic day out great food great people and nice roads big thanks to Tom for sorting this when is the next one :)

Ps hope I didn't deafen to many people with my yozza lol :)

Great meet!!! good to put names to faces and a brilliant turnout!!

Roll on the next meet!

lets hope we get a huge turnout at the RR day in autumn......

Steve my ears are still ringing and bleeding from the fly by on the way there your car is awesome:D

Shall upload my pics into the media thread. And the ones of Adams girlfriends kerbed wheels on the Twingo:eek::rasp:

Cheers Tom and Donny

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
The wheels may of been kurbed, but the car was still ace! I want one.
Pictures are uploading on photo bucket as we speak. I hope they work out :-/