ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mapping options for RS2 on Standard Ecu in Scotland

Clio 172 Cup
As title,

I've been contemplating buying an RS2 inlet for my ph2 172 cup but due having to travel the length of Britain to have it mapped on the Standard Ecu, i'm considering purchasing bodies instead as i'll likely have to get an aftermarket ecu if i want to have it mapped locally.

Is there any options for mapping the standard ECU closer to home before i make a final decision?

Thanks in advance
Martin

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Get the rs2 and take it to EFI worth the drive.Seeing the results on cars on here speaks for themselves

Clio 172 Cup
Get the rs2 and take it to EFI worth the drive.Seeing the results on cars on here speaks for themselves

I know what your saying but any changes to the car and i'd have to go back again for more mapping, i'm intending on entering the Super Lap Scotland Series at Knockhill this year and need to be careful as to what mods I do to keep it within a certain BHP/Tonne so an RS2 or Bodies would be ideal. I like the delivery of the RS2 and how it holds its Torque, but seem to think bodies would be better due to the options id have for mapping closer to home, only downside is another £800 or so for an aftermarket ecu!

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I know what your saying but any changes to the car and i'd have to go back again for more mapping, i'm intending on entering the Super Lap Scotland Series at Knockhill this year and need to be careful as to what mods I do to keep it within a certain BHP/Tonne so an RS2 or Bodies would be ideal. I like the delivery of the RS2 and how it holds its Torque, but seem to think bodies would be better due to the options id have for mapping closer to home, only downside is another £800 or so for an aftermarket ecu!
IIRC you can't make changes to the car throughout the season with SLS, so you'd only need one run down per year if you made sure you knew the spec you wanted before going down? What class are you thinking about going for in SLS?

Clio 172 Cup
IIRC you can't make changes to the car throughout the season with SLS, so you'd only need one run down per year if you made sure you knew the spec you wanted before going down? What class are you thinking about going for in SLS?

Its looking like class E either road going if i leave the rear seats in or modified if i take them out. upto 161bhp/tonne i believe.
I take it you compete in SLS? I didnt realise you were restricted to running the same mods all year? its not an issue like just sussing out my options

Martin

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Its looking like class E either road going if i leave the rear seats in or modified if i take them out. upto 161bhp/tonne i believe.
I take it you compete in SLS? I didnt realise you were restricted to running the same mods all year? its not an issue like just sussing out my options

Martin
I don't mate, but there's a few on here doing it this year. I'm pretty sure that once you've had your power runs done and weight checked you can't go changing things after that to keep it all fair. To be competitive in class E road going I think you'd definitely be looking at bodies and some cams. For example, my 172 with a stripped out interior and standard engine only ran 134.7bhp/tonne (141hp and 1047kg inc driver) at a rolling road day a wee while back at the garage SLS use for their power runs (HQ Performance).

Also, can see why you're looking at closer mapping options now if you're up in Peterhead!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
maby contact Paul and see if he will come to you if you hire out a local set of rollers, will cost you a flight and probably a fortune but It saves driving abz to Leeds and back!

Track 172 Cup
Drive down to EFi in the morning and have it mapped then drive home in the evening lol. Well worth it. I only live 5 mins away from EFi but would still drive down if I had too. What's putting you off driving down.

Mines not an RS2 but the SM Turkish inlet...
20160114_213903.jpg

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
hoped it would be something on those lines with the heater gone but have seen intakes left in some or the most random places before now!!
It'll be very much trial and error as its an unknown for if it will work or not. I was going to do something similar on mine when I was going to run my rs2, but decided on the other engine instead.

dan's cast offs.
It'll be very much trial and error as its an unknown for if it will work or not. I was going to do something similar on mine when I was going to run my rs2, but decided on the other engine instead.

can't remember who's car it was on but saw it on something at efi early last year? possibly amarjit's clio?
think it might of been boosted though?

Clio 172 Cup
I don't really have an issue with driving down to EFI or any other renault tuner as i have a trailer, its just the fuel costs and driving time that puts me off 14hrs driving plus a potential night in a hotel etc.

My only option real option for mapping in Scotland is to get an aftermarket ecu and either an rs2 or bodies (more likely bodies). but its another expense that i could be done without, as i'm on quite a tight budget this year. i will give scott an email and see what options are available.

thanks for the comments/advice so far

martin