ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Making a proper job of polishing!?

LY 182
Hi!!! Not been on here for a while, i've just picked up this...
3yperyre.jpg

The ly Clio is now gone :(

Anyway, I know you boys are well in to your detailing etc... I've had a read through but I'm baffled and need advice.
I want to spend some time protecting the paint on it (it's brand new, had some supagaurd crap put on it, which I've read is not much good) and making it look the best I can.
Now I don't have a polisher and don't really want to get involved with all that, what I basically want to know.. Is 1. Do I need to "remove" this supagaurd stuff, If so how?
And 2. I'm happy to buy some various polishes etc, I'm reading about applying different things in stages.
What should I buy and apply in what order? Thanks!!!

LY 182
Yeah it's mark free, only done 60miles so far and that was just driving it back from the dealer...
Just want to keep it that way for as long as possible, don't mind investing some time/money in to the stuff to do it properly, but I'm clueless with it all.
Also reading about this supaguard on various forums has made me want to do it properly!

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Best protection on offer is ceramic nano sealants. Goes hard like a glass lacquer over the paint. An example is C.Quartz Uk. You will need to strip the supaguard off (Tardis/alcohol etc) and then prepare the paint for the sealant. You cannot use anything under a ceramic coating, it must go onto bare paint.

​chris