ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Major misting up problem....

Clio 182
My car recently over the last month has been trerrible for fogging up, even when iam not like soaked, i just dont really understand whats goin on, the climate control pannel does prty much nothing... just woundered if any one else has this problem and what i can do to sort it out??

Cheers, random one i know...

Listerine & Poledo
yep, mine was doing this for a while.

Get your air con regassed, should fix the matter

Listerine & Poledo
shouldn't matter if it is, should it? the air con should pull moisture out of the car and dump it in a puddle on the ground, recirc or not?

Qashcow
Duno, my aircons in the bin lol. Happened on a friends car, kept misting up all the time no matter what then we pressed the button and 20 minutes later the car has been clear ever since

RB FF 182
Mines started doing this recently, although screen clears in a few seconds when I press the button.

Starting to piss me off.

Flame Red Delight
this generally is a sign of moisture in your car somewhere, have you had the car cleaned inside (wet seat cleaning of carpet cleaning) at all? check all your carpets and in the boot also if they are wet then there is a leak somewhere or a broken window seal or something? Hope this helps out

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
shouldn't matter if it is, should it? the air con should pull moisture out of the car and dump it in a puddle on the ground, recirc or not?

If you have recirc on it will just keep blowing the cabin air back into the cabin so moisture will not escape

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG

If you have recirc on it will just keep blowing the cabin air back into the cabin so moisture will not escape

My old Corsa was horrendous if you had recirculate on. Even with air con.

Not really had it with the Clio. I run the aircon regularly just to give the inside a drying out. Not sure how well it works but I don't have any condensation problems and someone once told me you need to use the aircon regularly or the seals dry out or some crap.

Clio 182
Chhers again guys,

I have checked my car fir damp there is nothing, as this was my forst major concern.... Dint want mould coming up in the carpets or anything. I recently took the carpets out and clearned them with a wet vac thing , but dried them for a week in the airing cupbourd!! Lol wud a thought it wud have dried them out enuf, also it misted up before i did that! I have a crack in the screen but iam prty certain that its not that, so i think mot next week will have to do the air con also! Il let you know if that sorts it, as iam reqlly pissed off with this! Haa but i stilll love my lil clio!

Thanks again!

GONE!!Yozza'd BG 182
mine does same, have to run air con continuosly in the winter to avoid fogging up. let me about the air con re gas

Clio 182
had the windscreen done this weekend, and to be honest its made it alot better, but still not brilliant... i think i will get the aircon regassed and see what diffrenace that makes, if its not that i must have damp lungs... lol or a damp somwhere else! in the car, ha

bought a demiser pad and that is brilliant... works a treat as it happens so fast and gets so thick! lol recomending the asda deal for £2 with a demister dash wipes washer fluid and deicer and scrapper!! NICE