ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Main beam failure

RenaultSport clio 182 '04
Hi there,

I have a 2004 2.0 Clio Sport 182

Had a problem this evening with the main beam. Turned the ignition on, lights usually come on automatically when it's dark enough. The main beam didn't come on (both sides), only the side lights.

Checked the indicator stalk to make sure that the 'twist switch' wasn't set to manual - it wasn't.

Usually on the dashboard, the green light displays to indicate that the main beam is on - this wasn't happening.

Couldn't take the bulbs out to see if they had blown as it was dark but managed to see enough through the glass to suggest that they hadn't blown.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Fuse blown, loose connection?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

D

dick

main beam should be blue dash light

dipped should be green dash light mate

you say main beam... do you mean dipped beam (normal driving lights)?

probably a fuse, or could the the switch itself. The wonders of Warranty :)

Cheers guys, sorry for the apparent lack of knowledge!! :S

Yes it is the dipped beam. I had a look in the fuse box (passenger side of the dash) referred to user manual and the fuse(s) linked to the diagram in the book seemed to be ok.

Could it be one of the fuses under the bonnet?

www.renparts.co.uk
had mine back (mine arnet xenons) in at reno, turned out to be a relay, which was covered under warranty ;)

If it is the same fault as mine, did it seem quite easy to fix (is it something I could do myself?)

Can't be mithered being without the car for too long if it is something I can do myself.

Any ideas what the going price is for a new relay if it is that?

The plot thickens...........:S

Just been into the car having a prod around in the light and I found what I think is a relay in the passenger footwell (small black unit with three pins along the bottom and 2 pins above them).

Does this belong under the footwell and could it be my problem?

I'm going to try and put it in now and see what happens.

Any comments appreciated

Thanks

Sorted guys,

Put the relay back in and everything is back to normal now. Must have been mine or my girlfriend's big feet that knocked it out :dead:

www.renparts.co.uk
Northwich182 said:
Sorted guys,

Put the relay back in and everything is back to normal now. Must have been mine or my girlfriend's big feet that knocked it out :dead:

Lol... nice 1.