ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M135i vs Porsche 996 Turbo - Nordschleife

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Is this video representative of the BMW's performance? Is it standard? Is it even what it claims to be? Was the Porsche trying? etc etc etc

I know the M135i is a quick car but this has impressed me, and a good effort from the driver too.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Range Rover Sport
Drove both, while the 996 actually shows it's age it was still considerably quicker than the 35.

Both had 'soft' suspension however on that video there seems to be less 'roll' in the 35 where the 996 visible looks a little all over the place at times.

The 35 is a nice car but both equal drivers the 996T 'should' still beat a 35.

Only reason I didn't buy the 35 in the end was because the E46 M felt more focused however outright speed on the road felt similar.

Doesn't surprise me to be honest.

Both very capable cars.

Clearly the BMW driver was happy to drive near the limit and be brave where as the 911 driver might have been taking it a little easier.

Same driver in each car though it would be a bit of a different story.

I've followed a Cayman R around Bedford without any issues, doesn't mean the cars are equal and doesn't mean I'm a good driver lol. Just means the driver in the nicer/faster car isn't prepared to take as many risks and is probably just having a bit of fun.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
At some points you can see the 996 driver is clearly in a faster car but the bmw driver takes more risks.

Still a good watch though.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
8:45 BTG...Not that impressive! Considering a Stripped Twingo can go round in less than that!

The North Loop is about experience and set-up, power is an optional extra.

Far easier to drive an M135i quickly than a 996T...(I'd imagine)

Evo 5 RS
They're pretty quick out of the box you know? 0-60 is just under 5 seconds IIRC. My colleagues got one. Leaves my Mazda a few clicks and that's 260bhp / 280ftlbs. Have no trouble with E46 M3s, but these are a different beast. Bit tail happy though