ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LY Clio 200 EDC Trackday Shoes (Undecided)

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Been toying with changing the wheels on the Clio for a while, just for a change or use them as a second set for trackdays. It's been a right royal pain in the arse trying to find a second hand set in 18s as the OE wheels have a ridiculously high offset of 55 with a 7.5J width. Aftermarket 18" wheels tend to come in 8J and nothing high in the offset. The EDC actually also come as std on 17s, if you hit the Lux pack option when buying the car brand new that gives you the black 18s with the red calipers.

So trawling Ebay like the magpie I am I buy these 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race wheels. The tyres bar one are shot to pieces and the wheels seem to have been refurbed by Stevie Wonder. Anyway, the idea is to put some semi slick trackday tyres on and refurb the wheels myself.

So they're off a Honda Civic Type R, 17" on a 7J with at ET40 offset. Today was trial fitting firstly to make sure the offset works and second whether I like the look of them on the car.
DSC_2937~2.JPG
DSC_2936~2.JPG

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I normally hate td1.2s on everything but that really pulls them off :)

Did you need spigot rings or are they a straight fit? And go up a size in width/profile if you can, I think a nice chunky section tyre would look mega on that

I was going to say check my project thread for refurbing track wheels but photo bucket are bellends.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Team Dynamics wheels come with a 73.1mm centrebore so I've ordered a set of spigot rings to fit 66.1mm. I've also seen a set of Nankang semi slicks 225-45-17 for 250 which should work a treat.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Just undecided on colour, so refresh the silver or go black, or light metallic grey.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
They look alright mate to be honest :smile:
They looked better in the auction photos, I took a punt and punched in a bid of £155... And won. When I picked them up however, rattle can effort and a poor attempt at that. But I've done a few sets of wheels over the years so I'm happy to do another set.

The silver is a change and yeah I don't mind them, they'd look much better done properly. But then gloss black could look good as the OE are the same colour. I've also had a set of grey 18s trial fitted and they too looked good..... So it's proving to be a bit of a head scratcher.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'd stick with silver, and a basic rattle can job for track only wheels is surely good enough.

One of the sets I had for my 172 Cup I brush painted, badly, with bright yellow Smoothrite!

Why not go loud with a blue or red?

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I'd stick with silver, and a basic rattle can job for track only wheels is surely good enough.
I'm toying with keeping the wheels on for a while once they're painted as it's
One of the sets I had for my 172 Cup I brush painted, badly, with bright yellow Smoothrite!

Why not go loud with a blue or red?
Do them the same colour as the front blade

Bargain at that price!
That thought did cross my mind as I felt the silver clashed with the front blade colour, I just don't know what colour it is. Yes an assortment of lairy colours such as red, blue, white have crossed my mind for trackdays but I'm thinking of keeping them on for a while so a more respectable option is where I'll go with them.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
That thought did cross my mind as I felt the silver clashed with the front blade colour, I just don't know what colour it is. Yes an assortment of lairy colours such as red, blue, white have crossed my mind for trackdays but I'm thinking of keeping them on for a while so a more respectable option is where I'll go with them.

Yeah it's nice to have the option to run them daily without feeling like a bellend.

Pop to Halfords or a local paint place and see if they have any medium silvers. It's not quite dark enough to be anthracite and not light enough to be silver

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Yeah it's nice to have the option to run them daily without feeling like a bellend.

Pop to Halfords or a local paint place and see if they have any medium silvers. It's not quite dark enough to be anthracite and not light enough to be silver
I think that's where I was trying to go with that 'light metallic' grey quote lol