ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lower cost go pro alternative

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Bought it ages ago and it's still sat in the box lol. We're moving house do have no idea where it is. Found the new memory card I bought though. Which is a plus.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i bought a fake one for £15 a few weeks ago. it was shocking quality - had to return it.

Clio 172
Doubt it'll be enough battery for a full track day, but I'll just have mine plugged into the ciggie lighter in the down times, or even just plug it into my ciggie lighter and hide the wires around the interior trim like I've done with my camera in the i3
Was reading the thread, noticed some good stuff about these cameras, but a quick question:

How are you finding the i3? I'm a bmw technician so would actually like to know what consumers think of the i3, I've driven a couple and they are stupid fast to about 50, but what's it like to live with?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Tbf ive ad to convert it to mp4 it does film at 1080p and youtube does suck quailty. Im pleased with it youtube dont upload avi files tho

Cupra, Fiesta ST2
What is the crack with the WiFi though? If you're outside you don't have WiFi so isn't it a bit pointless?
WiFi is so you can connect it to a phone/tablet and change settings, preview, etc. Can be very handy when setting cameras in in awkward places, you can look at your phone to see where it is pointing.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
WiFi is so you can connect it to a phone/tablet and change settings, preview, etc. Can be very handy when setting cameras in in awkward places, you can look at your phone to see where it is pointing.
I maybe being a mong here but if you're outdoors how does WiFi work?

@Danith which one have you gone for? I've just ordered the SJCAM SJ4000 wifi with in-car holder for £60 delivered. That was from SJCAM themselves via Amazon as there is sooooo many fakes out there.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
@Danith which one have you gone for? I've just ordered the SJCAM SJ4000 wifi with in-car holder for £60 delivered. That was from SJCAM themselves via Amazon as there is sooooo many fakes out there.
Not got one yet, brother is back and using gopro for now but I'll be going for a xiaomi yi
Spacers and wheel alignment first

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Well I've just taken a punt on the one you linked above. Don't mind waiting for it and like you say it's only £38.
I've never felt I could justify the cost of a gopro and the like for the amount of use it'll get. If this looks as good as your footage I'll me more than happy!

Mine has just arrived in less than 2 weeks since I ordered☺️.
It has also come with a firmware update to allow 25fpm @ 4k and 30 @ 2k!
Seems to be decent quality for the money although will have to wait and see what the vids are like!

Cupra, Fiesta ST2
Mine has just arrived in less than 2 weeks since I ordered☺️.
It has also come with a firmware update to allow 25fpm @ 4k and 30 @ 2k!
Seems to be decent quality for the money although will have to wait and see what the vids are like!
Which one did you get?

That looks like a copy of the higher end SJCAM range as the buttons are the same, looks good and if it does produce 4k quality then an absolute steal. Get some vids up.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Well, as expected the camera that clammed to be an sjcam was indeed a pile of poop. Got a full refund though, and they even let me keep it. Oh joy.

Brother then found a proper sjcam on eBay and got it for £17!

Proper one this time, brand new.

d2d9a2f30cf25419c710750b91649d00.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Well, as expected the camera that clammed to be an sjcam was indeed a pile of poop. Got a full refund though, and they even let me keep it. Oh joy.

Brother then found a proper sjcam on eBay and got it for £17!

Proper one this time, brand new.

d2d9a2f30cf25419c710750b91649d00.jpg
From China?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
That looks like a copy of the higher end SJCAM range as the buttons are the same, looks good and if it does produce 4k quality then an absolute steal. Get some vids up.

Done a quick vid and seems to work well but I had the settings wrong so just charging it and will head out in a bit. Not going to bother with 4k ever though because I have nothing to play it on and it eats battery/memory...

Decent review of it here (before the 4k firmware upgrade) for anyone thinking of getting one!
http://pevly.com/eken-h9-review/

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Made the mistake of mounting mine in the waterproof case on my 2nd outing tonight which made the sound rubbish so the best I have so far is this which is on it's default settings. Will have more of a play over the weekend. Could also do with a car mount for the dash/window tbh.

Cupra, Fiesta ST2
That looks decent!

Do any of the cheaper cameras have the option to turn on spot metering like on a GoPro? It only measures/meters the centre spot for the light balance settings, so ideal when mounting in a car

Made the mistake of mounting mine in the waterproof case on my 2nd outing tonight which made the sound rubbish so the best I have so far is this which is on it's default settings. Will have more of a play over the weekend. Could also do with a car mount for the dash/window tbh.

Looks good, where and how did you mount it for this view?

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all

Having ceremoniously failed to get the Aldi deal - I am heading to the Maldives in a month and need a waterproof camera for the various dives / snorkelling. My snorkel has a go pro mount which I'm hoping is universal....?

Anyway - I have about £50 to spend on a decent alternative. Just want really high quality video and sound if possible. As we will be without a desktop is there a way of taking the footage off an SD card onto, say, an Ipad?

Can anyone recommend? Happy to spend a bit more if it nets me something of higher value.

Any help mucho appreciato xx

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Hi all

Having ceremoniously failed to get the Aldi deal - I am heading to the Maldives in a month and need a waterproof camera for the various dives / snorkelling. My snorkel has a go pro mount which I'm hoping is universal....?

Anyway - I have about £50 to spend on a decent alternative. Just want really high quality video and sound if possible. As we will be without a desktop is there a way of taking the footage off an SD card onto, say, an Ipad?

Can anyone recommend? Happy to spend a bit more if it nets me something of higher value.

I'm going for a xiaomi yi when I'm back from my jollies

Hi all

I went with this mate, very happy with it and its wifi so you can watch on your phone, tablet, ipad, laptop ect from the camera without unmounting the SD card. You can get this a little cheaper but there are so many fakes around I ordered direct from SJCAM through Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B019GT3EWG/?tag=cliospnet01-21