ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lower cost go pro alternative

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
As above. 1080p and able to use as a dash cam, wide angle photos, occasionally for track vids

Any recommendations?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
No way I'm sure I saw that on tesco for double the price

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Nice one yeah I saw that on telly today but wasn't sure with it being 30 quid. Cool will drop in and get one then! Ta!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Xiaomi Yi is 1080p 60fps + 2k. I've got one for sale, very highly rated uses a sony 16mpx sensor.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Given the trouble I've had with my GoPro I'm really disillusioned with the brand, I thought I was paying a premium for quality and service but next time round I think I'll be looking for a cheaper alternative too.

www.techmoan.com is a good place to find action cam reviews.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Xiaomi Yi is 1080p 60fps + 2k. I've got one for sale, very highly rated uses a sony 16mpx sensor.
Yeah saw that mate. Looks good but for an extra 5er I could get one new. Good cam tho

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
eae6443c0674209c20ff72a7e32c0d2c.jpg

Got mine

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
1080p waterproof to 30m loads of brackets im yet to really look as im at work lol but feels top notch tbh and there £60 on ebay

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
The wife was queuing at 8 this morning. She picked up two.
Better than the Hero and a third of the price.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
1080p waterproof to 30m loads of brackets im yet to really look as im at work lol but feels top notch tbh and there £60 on ebay
Cool, will nip out at lunch. The xiaomi yi looks good too and 48 quid on gearbest

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yep, sold out. Standard. Bulk buy c units sticking em on ebay

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yep, 3 aldis at lunch all sold out. Bulk buying c***s

I'll order the Chinese one

mk1 Octavia VRS
I've got an SJ4000 and Mobius. The mobius is better for a dashcam as it can be setup to start recording when it gets power. Unless there's a firmware update I'm not aware of, the SJ4000 won't do that. SJ4000 comes with a waterproof case so is better in that respect.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Joke aint it i bought 2 one for me one for my mate whos stuck at work.
Yeah was gonna get one for jb too cos they're in short supply now but no luck.

South Manchester is empty. Knew I should've stopped at the one near my house this morning but was late.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Fuckin scum bags, if I can't get one then I'll just purchase the SJ4000 as its similar in price and looks very similar too.
Mate I've just looked and dont be too cheesed. Apparently it's just the sj4000 without WiFi and the sj4000 is only 35 delivered so I'm getting that one