ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loud exhaust question.

Clio
Hi
I broughta new exhaust just over a year ago for a Clio Mk3 08 1.2 as I thought it looked pretty good.

I didnt think it would be as loud as it is. It's really getting on my nerves now. If I'd have known it was going to be as loud as it is I probably wouldn't have brought it, I only wanted it just to make the car look a little better.

Is there any way that I can make it less noisy or would I need to fit the old exhaust back ?

This is the exhaust I brought

Sportex Renault Clio MK3 performance exhaust back box 1.2i 2005-2013 T3 Fits: Clio [MK III]

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)
Seen people stuff wire wool up the exhaust tips on track to past noise limits. Not sure this would work as a permanent solution mind.

A back box as that says it is won't offer any performance what so ever. And now you've made your car sound crap. Sack it off and fit the original one back on.

Clio
A back box as that says it is won't offer any performance what so ever. And now you've made your car sound crap. Sack it off and fit the original one back on.

I dont have the original any more but I feel that I will have to buy a second hand original 🙄

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Brought 🙄 starting to regret it now though. Least it looks nice 😂
The Difference between “Brought” and “Bought”

Brought is the past tense and past participle of the verb to bring, which means “to carry someone or something to a place or person.”

Bought is the past tense and past participle of the verb to buy, which means “to obtain something by paying money for it.”

Both brought and bought rhyme with cot, tot, and plot.

Legend has it that European explorers bought Manhattan for twenty-four dollars.

Alex brought a cup of coffee to his exhausted mother.

Bought implies an economic transaction; brought implies the transport of something (or someone).

Clio
Thanks for the english lesson. Come on here for help with my exhaust and I get educated on my spelling. 🙄👏

Clio
The garage I took it to got rid of the original exhaust. I was hoping that there was something that could be done to make the exhaust I've had fitted less noisy

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The advert I saw on eBay does say it's louder with a deeper bass tone . Most after market exhausts are louder than the original exhaust.
Is it just a back box or full exhaust system? Do you have a middle silencer?
Check if you have a Powerflow exhaust place near you if you don't, they should be able to fit a middle silencer. It might quiten it down a little bit.
Other than that , sell it and get a quieter exhaust.
Sportex were quite popular in the '90s and were known for loud exhausts.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
If you want the looks and not the noise, get a standard back box, cut the tip off the Sportex one and weld it onto the OEM box :)

Clio Sport
The garage I took it to got rid of the original exhaust. I was hoping that there was something that could be done to make the exhaust I've had fitted less noisy
You could sound proof the boot..take a look at this site..‪www.deadening.co.uk‬..I used some slilent coat to stop resonance and vibrations,and a Dodo Pro Barrier MLV to absorb the sound waves,then placed boot cover on top...

Clio 172 Cup
Mate I would invest in a decent exhaust rather than something off eBay, read reviews and people’s experience with different systems I think when you fit anything it’s always a gamble on if it sounds the way you want it too, other option is to get a custom build and specify your noise preference and exhaust tip to how you want it. You always get what you pay

Clio
Just dropped it off at the garage. Having a standard exhaust refitted. Will try and sell the sportex one

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'd try brell it on ebay. Someone will bruy it just tell them to buy cash with them so you don't get brung by the PayPal brees.
You know when somebody says something that they think is funny , and it's not quite funny and you feel embarrassed for them ........... ;)

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Back in the day you fixed your excessively loud exhaust problem with a big stereo system.

Kids these days don't know s**t!