ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lots of problems with my dCi

clio extreme
Hi Guys, I'm hoping someone can advise me, I posted this up on clio dci but got barely any responses, except AlexW..

So, currently I have two clio's, well, actually three if you include the one that was written off that I'm gradually breaking...

The their two are:

A black 51 plate dci, purchased cheap as the engine was on its way out, sounded like the big ends had gone... So a friend and I swapped the engine from the written off clio. Seemed easy enough, both 65bhp models... Oh no! All we swapped was the engine, the loom, injectors all stayed with the original car so no electrical issues surely... But, it won't start, for love nor money, I cannot get it to run, it has fuel pressure, the battery has power, the injectors match the ecu, but the car won't even splutter into life... Any ideas? I just need to get this running, so I can sell it!! AlexW and I made a little progress here, it turns out that the engine has compression, and fuel pressure, but, there is no signal going from the ECU to the injectors, any ideas???

The other, a 54 plate dci 100, which is getting problems quicker than I can fix them... Currently it has a problem with the brakes, as explained in another post, basically the abs will randomly kick in, it's recently has new disks and pads and the problem has been ongoing since they were fitted., on top of this, it has auto headlights, which have all of a sudden decided to stop working. Now, before you say you need to twiddle the stalk to turn auto on, I've done that. Here's what happens, driving along, it gets dark, the sensor notices its dark, and the dash clock dials light up, but the headlights don't come on, the sidelights do and the rear lights, but no headlights, not even the green light that comes up to say the lights are on. Maybe a dodgy earth? A relay? Ant ideas? - the headlight problem has now been solved - turns out that the relay under the dash that operates the headlights has started falling out - pushed it back in to place and they work fine. This past weekend a friend and I serviced the car and took all the wheels off, it turns out the front disks have 44 teet reulctor/ ABS rings, where as the rears have 48 - unsure how as Renault only list 26 teet of 44 teeth, so pretty sure this is the problem. Any idea what Renault has 48 teeth rear disks?

I would greatly appreciate any help,

Thanks,

Nathan

Cup In bits
Have the injectors been swapped around and if so were they coded. Iirc Clio's run a Delphi fuel system and the ecu needs to know the codes in order to run. P2p codes are written on the side of the injectors and are 16 or so letters long.

You say you kept the injectors with the original car, did you change ecu's amongst the swap and why change the loom?

clio extreme
Hi there, yes, the injectors that are in the car are coded to the ecu. All are in the right placed with new copper washers ;)

I didnt changed the loom. Basically, I took the broken engine out, and plonked a replacement engine in. then fitted the injectors from the broken engine into the replacement one.

clio extreme
The injectors are fine, we tried a noid light on the plug itself, that clips on the injector, and it's not getting a signal?

clio extreme
I'll be honest I'm not sure... the problem is, its a fair bit of cash to have them tested.. any other way, or suggestions?