ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lots at Oulton Park

mk3 golf gti
two cups, lots of 197's, and a guy in a ph1 with gold williams wheels, who didnt let anyone out in the car park. what a gentleman you are.

audi a6 3.0tdi
Ha ha rexe of here sold that car while we where there (the black ph1 with gold wheels). I was in my vectra so my car wouldn't have been spotted. We were chatting to a few of the cliosport lot.

mk3 golf gti
Ha ha rexe of here sold that car while we where there (the black ph1 with gold wheels). I was in my vectra so my car wouldn't have been spotted. We were chatting to a few of the cliosport lot.

never saw anyone from here! lol

the guy wouldnt let anyone out so the queues were backing up really bad, everyone else was letting people out to keep the traffic flowing, but not our hero.

audi a6 3.0tdi
never saw anyone from here! lol

the guy wouldnt let anyone out so the queues were backing up really bad, everyone else was letting people out to keep the traffic flowing, but not our hero.
That was the new owner not rexe. We saw agroup of cliosport members all parked together there was Welsharab, Riad, Ste burns, Kevo66 a couple of v6's and that fancy lotus thing i have forgoten the guys user name.

mk3 golf gti
Just a bit further along from the VXR crew, by the sweeping lefthander. We were parked in full view!! lol

bloody hell, we were sat in with the vxr online lot, never saw you though! we were too busy going back and forth from the hospitality bit!

mk3 golf gti
That was the new owner not rexe. We saw agroup of cliosport members all parked together there was Welsharab, Riad, Ste burns, Kevo66 a couple of v6's and that fancy lotus thing i have forgoten the guys user name.

i knew it wouldnt have been anyone on here! we're all nice!

ZX6R B1H
kool, everybody else burnt? Great day out as per usual... and farewell to the clio 172 from me. BYE BYE clio...

The fattys were looking lush (vee's) whos was the flamer up near the entrance 182 was looking nice.

Clio V6 Mk2 255
Yes was a great day at Oulton - great to see some of you guys ;-) Racing was fun as was WelshArab continuously dusting off his Meg as we were parked next to the dusty road LOL

It was DarrenS in the Lotus 340R and he took some of us out in it later on in the evening. We left before the last race to avoid the traffic and had a bit to eat near Lymm ...

Martin

Clio V6 Mk2 255
btw how did you get to park infield ? just arrive early

We all met up near Oulton just before 8 and probably got in about 8:10 ... Pretty much had a pick of spots apart from a large section cordoned off for the VXR mob ...

IMHO it's also important to park somewhere where you can get out easily or move your car nearer the exit, before the last race. I tend to just leave a little earlier though local knowledge of some of the roads helps a speedier exit.

Martin

Trophy #267
yes to local knowledge - served me well b4 at donnington :) 810 ffs, bet you were well poached in the sun !!!!

audi a6 3.0tdi
The Lotus was amazing i would have loved to have gone out in that. Could of even took Darren out in the vectra to repay him lol

Trophy #267
aye that ginetta crash was a bit nasty, full on frontal impact at full chat.... didnt look good on the monitors

Clio V6 Mk2 255
yes to local knowledge - served me well b4 at donnington :) 810 ffs, bet you were well poached in the sun !!!!

Plenty of sun lotion required, though some people were 'simply red' ...

If you get in early you get a good spot, being able to sit in your car, or in front of it whilst watching the action is one of the benefits of Oulton Park infield ;-)

Martin

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Aye - twas a good day, but bloody hot! Got a small line on my wrist where my watch rubbed off the suncream and it's bright red. God knows what I'd be like if the rest of the cream had rubbed off!

Ste's red 197 almost single-handedly made me a Mk.3 convert. If it had the larger spoiler on, that would be the icing on the cake! Loved the "French Sh*t" sticker, btw! :cool:

Got the Lotus brakes issue sorted when Martin managed to pull the brake pedal back up after he'd noticed the brakes lights coming on a lot. Seems that the pedal itself wasn't fully coming back. A quick flick back with the tip of my foot during driving frees the brakes up again. It seemed doubly-quick on the way home. :) Handing it back later and driving my 182 felt like a water-bed in comparison. And a bloody quiet one at that!

Great to see everyone again!

D.

M

mini-valver

I work for Amery so was in the awning or around the paddock/pit lane somewhere. 3rd in race 1 and 4th in race 2 for the car I run. Chuffed :D

Clio
saw steburns next to the blue and black vee. spoke to jainy the owner of the blue v6 and gotta say she was great, had a great chat and her car looked stunning. same with the other black v6, the yellow megane sport and the red clio 197. Top rides. Great day though shame about the 12:30 start. sat around for 3 hours doing nothing and gettin sun burnt. If i knew earlier would of woke up at about 11 instead of 7 in the morning.