ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

loss of power

clio 172
Hi guys my 172 seems to have a loss of power when j get above 5k rpm, it is very random, sometimes does it right away once car gets to 5k instead of picking up like it should it still continues to rev but no where near like it should.
Also sometimes starts to pick up the bogs down a bit and will continue picking up again
Does not seem to be any pattern to it!
also heard a strange noise from rear passenger side of car when letting off the throttle even at low revs, a sort of vibrating/gargle sound, could it be related? Again sound comes and goes!
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It sounds to me like an inlet sensor maybe cocking up some of the AFRs, but I'm not too sure on that so I'll leave it to Dan who's more qualified than me.

It's not a misfire is it?

clio 172
I did think possibly a missfire but then would that not cause problems at lower revs too??
As below 5k it drives perfect at all times.

clio 172
Quick update guys.
I had the car on my mates diagnostic computer and no faults were showing up .
Was going to replace plugs and leads next as a start and see how that goes, any suggestions of other things to maybe try??

Clio 172
I'm having the exact same problem started beginning of this week , it can hit 5k and have its little kick perfect but then it can just bog down at times starting to worry me now and mines also no issues below 5

twingo
Hesitation/poor performance

Component check sequence

Air filter
Air intake system/vacuum system - leaks/blockage
Fuel pressure/delivery rate/fuel pressure regulator
Condition of fuel/fuel filter
Engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor
Throttle position (TP) sensor
Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S)
Intake air temperature (IAT) sensor
Injectors
Exhaust system/catalytic converter
Exhaust system - leaks
Engine control module (ECM)

FF Racing Blue 182
Christ 2 weeks, business is good then !

I wouldn't mind checking all that on my car to see if its running like it should.