ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Losing water?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Noticed fan was running last night, then today i had lost all my water.

Took a lot to fill it up again, then it lost some more, topped up and is now holding up.

There are no leaks, its all bone dry under the bonnet and on my drive, my oil level hasn't gone up, dont have any mayonnaise, no water out of exhaust, no water anywhere near the pump.

Where is this water going? Anyone experienced something similar?

Mike

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
I have the same problem, I have a thread open in the engine section. Take a look there to see what people have said. My car is getting pressure tested tomorrow so i will let you know what the out come is with mine

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I have the same problem, I have a thread open in the engine section. Take a look there to see what people have said. My car is getting pressure tested tomorrow so i will let you know what the out come is with mine
Saw that but didn't want to hi-jack since my problem seems wierd as i aren't leaking water but seem to be holding pressure now.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Changed the water pump and gasket, still losing water, the old pump had a small water mark where i presume the leak was.

BUT its still losing water, i kept topping up daily for about a week after changing the pump (air to get out of system etc), since then in less than a week ive lost over the visible tank of water, i filled it up again (50:50 mix with antifreeze) and it glugged through the system, i haven't even done that much mileage in the last week, 60 tops.

Still no more than the usual mayo under the oil cap which is standard on these engines, no mayo on dipstick.

Why is this happening, i only need this car to last until summer, thats all, then i can trade it in.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Possibly heater matrix if it aint headgasket or leaking form the pipes - possibly
Any way of finding out without buying a new one?

Any other suggestions? at this moment i'm contemplating chopping it in for a corsa sxi to tide me over.