ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Captain Hat

CS Academician
ClioSport Club Member
  2002 Clio RS 172 Cup
What's the best place to look for replacement stock bits for a 172 Cup? I'm looking for brake discs and pads, shocks and springs just now. None of it's urgent, but I like to start doing my research early.

On a not entirely related note, what's the most cost-effective route to go down if I'm rebuilding the suspension on a 172 Cup for the track? Again I'm looking at brake discs and pads, shocks and springs to start with.

Also, if I decide to damn the torpedoes and go full speed ahead, what's the best available setup for the track on a 172 Cup, suspension and brakes-wise? And where would I get it from?

Cheers guys,

-Hat

172 Turbo
I have a set of Eibachs in the garage, I'd do for a good price.

I'd stick to new front & rear Cup shocks from RPD or Renault Wolverhampton, all new bushes.

I'd get a set of Brembo HC discs & RC5 or RC6 pads, with standard rears.

Captain Hat

CS Academician
ClioSport Club Member
  2002 Clio RS 172 Cup
I will have a set of cooksport springs for sale soon mate off my cup if interested.
I might be? I genuinely don't know what's particularly good for track use at the moment, still trying to figure things out. Thank you for the offer though.
I have a set of Eibachs in the garage, I'd do for a good price.

I'd stick to new front & rear Cup shocks from RPD or Renault Wolverhampton, all new bushes.

I'd get a set of Brembo HC discs & RC5 or RC6 pads, with standard rears.
Thanks for the advice. You reckon to steer clear of used or reconditioned bits from Renparts et al then? I've just been looking at prices and the difference is huge.

Regarding the springs, which Eibachs do you have available? I think they make two different spring sets. I think the springs on my current road car are Sportlines. I have a car that I'm planning to set up for the track (which is currently a Cat C write off), but which is on stock springs just now; Are Sportlines or Prolines better for track use? I feel like a total noob, I was planning on not doing anything particularly special and keeping my car totally stock so I've never done the research on track parts but opportunity presented itself and, well, things are snowballing. If Sportlines are good, I might just swap the springs over between the two. I'm not sure I'm a fan of the Sportlines for road use, the ride ends up a bit too lumpy.

172 Turbo
I might be? I genuinely don't know what's particularly good for track use at the moment, still trying to figure things out. Thank you for the offer though.
I used Cooksports and Cup Shocks and they are fine, you do get a little body roll on very tight corners but they are fine. My B14s didn't give me such a great improvement over them as I expected.

Thanks for the advice. You reckon to steer clear of used or reconditioned bits from Renparts et al then? I've just been looking at prices and the difference is huge.
For the cost of Cup shocks, I'd buy new. Can find lots of decent second hand bits on here and the various Facebook groups but I'd stick to new for suspension, it's so cheap!

Regarding the springs, which Eibachs do you have available?
Embarrassingly, I can't remember. I bought them to fit to my car when it was going back to standard and I've never opened the box!
If you have Sportlines, fit them and see how you get on. No point spending for the sake of spending. You can import Eibach springs new for about £100.